Getting towards end of the week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll wait till end of August if you don't mind mate.

Very few seasons in recent memory when we aren't frantically trying to put together our squad as the transfer window reaches an end.

Trouble is this year there's fifteen points to play for in August. If we continue our well established tradition of not winning a game until October it's yet another struggle ahead.

Yes the championship is a lower standard, but then minus Pickford, Defoe, a first choice keeper, and who knows maybe Khazri, Kone etc - then so is our side / squad.

Despite the optimism of some on here without further investment we will be fighting relegation again.

Grayson may have achieved mid table obscurity with PNE but there's a group of players here for whom losing is habitual - the concession of goals in the alarming fashion we saw at St Johnstone is nothing unusual and will continue unless drastic action is taken.

We simply cannot afford to waste time until the last week of the window - we need a minimum of four players in before the season starts just to be competitive.

And still no further in or outs as had been hinted at by SG.

Except Manonne.

Very concerning. Yes many other clubs haven't signed many yet. But we are in the most precarious position with around 1o more needed and a half a dozen expected to leave.
There's a few clubs been busy like Leeds.
Our squad is now up to 24 players including Gooch, Honeyman, Asoro and Maja.
I am of the opinion that we won't be adding anymore except for a keeper, until we sell. Hope I'm wrong.

Got to love the cool kids on here

"I'm just too chilled to be concerned our major summer rebuild has still barely started me" :cool:

No worries man

bainsy received some decent feedback via email from mr short for closing the vito deal, the money's most welcome there mate
What?

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfers take time, calm down
:lol: the massive ones like our 500k deals can take years i believe. Funny how mannones outgoing transfer took about 48 hour but our incoming ones "take time" isnt it?

Its almost as if you are deliberately playing down the clubs ineptitude..........just for a change like.

But only if players leave first....the £1m budget is seemingly exhausted.
Where has that been quoted or confirmed? Grayson has said our budget is "realistic" - not the biggest but not the smallest. I'd say we have a lot more than £1m to spend.
I haven't seen any quotes where Grayson has said he has to sell to buy

Except Manonne.

Very concerning. Yes many other clubs haven't signed many yet. But we are in the most precarious position with around 1o more needed and a half a dozen expected to leave.
It's alreet man, I was assured the start of the season was fuckin' ages away four weeks ago. :rolleyes:

We have no idea what's going on in the background, the mannone could of been going on for a while

We have no idea what was going on in the background
So we were starting him knowing he was away and could have got injured?

You get f***ing dafter.

The lack of acceptance of where we are finiancially is still strong in some.

If the Mags sign anyone remotely decent then I don't think they will last until the Derby game.

Except Manonne.

Busy final day mate. Late outs and even later ins. Not ideal but it's where we are with the Lens, Khazri, Kone agents holding all the aces.

Meanwhile over on the Derby forum their fans can't wait for the new season and things are rolling along very nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back