Getting old

I do more sport now than I have in the last 30 years

Play tennis for at least 4 hours a week . Badminton with the lads on a Monday . Physically I'm as good as I've been for 20 years
I packed the tabs in 15 years ago & exercise regularly. Feel fitter now than in my 20s. Know exactly what your saying đź‘Ť

I find it easy now but that is because I've worked at it.

I also think nutrition is important. It sounds really really boring but it makes life so so much better.

I can still go out a have a skinful on a weekly basis if I choose so it isn't all lentils and jogging :lol:
I think for me it's fitting it round the kids and work I find difficult. I wish I could motivate myself to get up at 5am instead of 6am to fit in a 5k but I can't. Love running once I am out but it the motivation to get out I struggle with.

I think for me it's fitting it round the kids and work I find difficult. I wish I could motivate myself to get up at 5am instead of 6am to fit in a 5k but I can't. Love running once I am out but it the motivation to get out I struggle with.
Time is the issue... Kids are older and I do far less dad taxi.. I'd be out doing more but missus narky if out every night.

I also spend way too much time at the pub . Ive cut down volume but still like to nip inost days at some point .

Jesus Christ never ever get up at 5am to do a 5k :lol: :lol:

Bringing up the kids is a time when you have to take a back seat but they are soon independent and can make their own breakfast and get themselves to school and stay in the house unsupervised without killing each other.

I've always had the local swimming pool that is open until 10pm. So could always pop out for a 45 minute swim any evening during the week.

Small and compact. Over 18s. The people are brilliant. The partying is on another level. four small dance tents banging out radgy music until 4. All the stages are in tents.

There is enough guitar stuff but the bands are almost just a backdrop. been two years and took about an extra 6 people this year for the first time and everyone had a ball.
Nee indie disco?
Surely most sports don't stop you ? You just get a bit slower, weaker. Unless you are getting smashed in contact sports or a Doc advises against it.

Years ago i did a cyclocross race down in Notts/Derby area and there were over 70's and even over 75's taking part.

Further back there were veteran squash matches with 50 and 60 year olds.
I know quite few lads who’ve had to pack in sports cos of their knees.

Jesus Christ never ever get up at 5am to do a 5k :lol: :lol:

Bringing up the kids is a time when you have to take a back seat but they are soon independent and can make their own breakfast and get themselves to school and stay in the house unsupervised without killing each other.

I've always had the local swimming pool that is open until 10pm. So could always pop out for a 45 minute swim any evening during the week.
The oldest is 10 and is out dancing most nights until anywhere between 8pm and 10pm Youngest is 5 so it will be a while before he can be left alone so my choices are exercise very early morning or very late at night when I'm on dayshift. Saying that I have a good 6 hours to myself after dropping the kids off at school when I'm on lates and I don't bother exercising then so I'm just finding excuses for my laziness.

I turn 50 next April and have come to terms with the fact I will have lived two thirds of my life, but then I've always been the glass half empty type. I can't complain as others have said a lot don't get the chance to make it that far.

The oldest is 10 and is out dancing most nights until anywhere between 8pm and 10pm Youngest is 5 so it will be a while before he can be left alone so my choices are exercise very early morning or very late at night when I'm on dayshift. Saying that I have a good 6 hours to myself after dropping the kids off at school when I'm on lates and I don't bother exercising then so I'm just finding excuses for my laziness.
I was in the same boat but eventually it clicked and don't get me wrong I'm not a fitness or gym freak but the older you get the more of a buzz you get from not being decrepit :lol: :lol:

I was in the same boat but eventually it clicked and don't get me wrong I'm not a fitness or gym freak but the older you get the more of a buzz you get from not being decrepit :lol: :lol:
Good mate if mine turned 66 in Monday so officially gets his pension... Still comes on the boys ski trip and keeps up if not surpasses us.

Back