Getting old

Was playing football he other month and was defending, I know never to let the ball bounce but sometimes do because I'm usually strong and fast enough for it not to be a problem. Some 17 kid nipped in and absolutely destroyed me for pace and scored. First time it has happened to me, doubt it will be the last now I'm 37. Been stressing about it but I have to face facts, I cant stay young forever.

Im more concerned about the people I love getting to their final stages, I know its the circle of life but haven't managed to accept it yet and it chews me up.
We play 5 a side and have gone from being the kids to the oldies, some of whom bring their kids (and some of the kids are pushing 30). Try playing against 17 year olds when you’re over 50.

It terrifies me. I find the idea of stopping doing anything cos you’re too old really strange. I’m still pretty much doing everything I did when I was 18 at 50.
I was at Lindisfarne and whilst I had to ease off the booze later in the evening I was full on dancing and having a ball for three full days.

You would LOVE Lindisfarne. It is mental.

It's not the age behind me that bothers me, it's not knowing the time in front. I feel like I'm at a stage now where just not having quite the energy levels of a year earlier acts as the biggest reminder to be honest. Just dug up a large bush and replanted it and I'm done in, a few years ago that wouldn't have been a big deal at all. There's nothing I've given up tbh, just equally little is quite as easy as once...

Afternoon all.

Does anyone on here get stressed by age or is it just a number to folk? I was 46 a couple of days ago & it dawned on me I'm closer to 50 than 40. Just wondered how people cope with the age thing.
There are people in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, and so on and so on who struggle and feel 10,20,30,40 years their own age in physical health and mental health.
The key to life is simply owning what you have, in your own mind.
The best way to gauge yourself is to look around you and see just how many people are worse off than you in health but have a positive outlook.
Then evaluate your own and you'll likely see that age in itself is the least of a worry.

Yes. It really gets me down everytime I reach certain Birthdays. Started when I turned 21 then 25, 30 and 35 have got got me down for a while I'm 38 now and dreading 40.

All of my mates and our lass take the piss out of me for it but it fucks with my head.

There are people in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, and so on and so on who struggle and feel 10,20,30,40 years their own age in physical health and mental health.
The key to life is simply owning what you have, in your own mind.
The best way to gauge yourself is to look around you and see just how many people are worse off than you in health but have a positive outlook.
Then evaluate your own and you'll likely see that age in itself is the least of a worry.
Good post mate 👍

I'm over 60 and my advice is get fit and get some enthusiastic mates. Life is as good now as it was 30 years ago. Having no child care issues gives you a new lease of life.
I do more sport now than I have in the last 30 years

Play tennis for at least 4 hours a week . Badminton with the lads on a Monday . Physically I'm as good as I've been for 20 years

What’s different to other festivals?
Small and compact. Over 18s. The people are brilliant. The partying is on another level. four small dance tents banging out radgy music until 4. All the stages are in tents.

There is enough guitar stuff but the bands are almost just a backdrop. been two years and took about an extra 6 people this year for the first time and everyone had a ball.

It terrifies me. I find the idea of stopping doing anything cos you’re too old really strange. I’m still pretty much doing everything I did when I was 18 at 50.
Surely most sports don't stop you ? You just get a bit slower, weaker. Unless you are getting smashed in contact sports or a Doc advises against it.

Years ago i did a cyclocross race down in Notts/Derby area and there were over 70's and even over 75's taking part.

Further back there were veteran squash matches with 50 and 60 year olds.

Afternoon all.

Does anyone on here get stressed by age or is it just a number to folk? I was 46 a couple of days ago & it dawned on me I'm closer to 50 than 40. Just wondered how people cope with the age thing.
AS long as you can wake up and start the day ,that's a good day . I'm in my 70's and can still outwork most men.Physically old but still fit ,everyone is different. Enjoy life you only get one bite at it,don't put anything off until tomorrow,you might never see it.

Surely most sports don't stop you ? You just get a bit slower, weaker. Unless you are getting smashed in contact sports or a Doc advises against it.

Years ago i did a cyclocross race down in Notts/Derby area and there were over 70's and even over 75's taking part.

Further back there were veteran squash matches with 50 and 60 year olds.
Some of the blokes playing tennis and running me ragged are in their 70s.. what they lose in agility they make up with skill.

It is really positive to see

Back