Getting back out and about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st pint yesterday. Had a pig of a day with work, so suggested a drive to the coast with the missus.
Found a new pub with a decent outdoor space down Shields Fish Quay
The pint of Guinness was rank though

Won't be hurrying back

Been at my caravan down Barney for a week with the bairn and have tried to forget about it.......had to wear a mask for the first time today on a miniature friggin railway at Newby Hall.

Been at my caravan down Barney for a week with the bairn and have tried to forget about it.......had to wear a mask for the first time today on a miniature friggin railway at Newby Hall.
A mask? How did you cope?
Haven't been in a pub or restaurant yet, but went to record shop yesterday (it's closing at the end of the month, so hoovered up some bargains). Went to Formby beach last week and off to Longshaw in Derbyshire on Sunday to have a socially distant day out with Mrs Pie's family.

Best of all, my Mam is coming down next weekend and she will be able to hold her grandson for the first time, he'll be 13 weeks old by then. Absolutely cannot wait.
Which record shop mate?
Haven't been in a pub or restaurant yet, but went to record shop yesterday (it's closing at the end of the month, so hoovered up some bargains). Went to Formby beach last week and off to Longshaw in Derbyshire on Sunday to have a socially distant day out with Mrs Pie's family.

Best of all, my Mam is coming down next weekend and she will be able to hold her grandson for the first time, he'll be 13 weeks old by then. Absolutely cannot wait.
Which record shop mate?

Which record shop mate?
A mask? How did you cope?

Which record shop mate?

Last edited:
You in a club mate ?

Not yet mate, but I might join Sun Tri.

I’ve done a couple of sprint tris before, but my mate is pushing for me to do Ironman next year. The running and cycling I should be fine with, but I struggle with swimming. I normally find it canny boring, but I've enjoyed my last couple of sea swims - although my stomach is now off 😂

Reactions: D.A
Not yet mate, but I might join Sun Tri.

I’ve done a couple of sprint tris before, but my mate is pushing for me to do Ironman next year. The running and cycling I should be fine with, but I struggle with swimming. I normally find it canny boring, but I've enjoyed my last couple of sea swims - although my stomach is now off 😂
@D.A

Not me but my Mar flew to Germany from Edinburgh to visit me last week. Said there was 50 people if that on the flight. She paid €60 return.

Don't think I'll feel more normal until September once kids are at school and I'm back to work. Have sat inside the Mad Hatter a couple of times, and have a haircut booked in next week, but that's the extent of it so far.

Pubs, restaurants and hotel so far, enjoying the table service but probably going to be a nightmare come august when that 10 quid deal is on.

I was at the Stables for late lunch yesterday. It was fairly quiet but good.

I'm going out for a few beers with my mates for the first time tomorrow afternoon. Very much looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back