Getting back out and about?

The first 6 weeks were horrendous - the Mrs is shielding as extremely vulnerable but I couldn't so had to live separate lives within the same house. Made me laugh seeing people twisting that they couldn't get a pint when you're sleeping on the settee not able to see the wife / bairn and have to clean the bathroom everytime you have a piss.

Been WFH since May so have followed the same shielding guidelines. Its been ok really, think we just accepted we wouldn't be able to go out for a long time and just got on with it. When it becomes a life and death thing (she is at the very highest risk) you just do what you have to do.

Been able to bubble with the MIL this week and meet other people outside which is a bit more normal. Shielding ends on 1st August so technically we can do the same as everyone else from then. But it'll be a long time before we're going to pubs, restaurants and shops I think.

My mind still cracked up about the situation and still struggling but the data Kingdom bhoy and Gordonmuchallno1fan put up daily helps me keep a realistic grasp of how we are doing in the north east am I comfortable enough to go out for a pint with a few of the lads yet no but I’m doing a lot better than I was around a month ago

yesterday we had a dodge up Hamsterley forest which was heaving and at times we were coming less than 2 metres to people but this was for seconds in the outdoors but again a month ago I wouldn’t have been able to do that

Back