Getting back out and about?

Keith S30S

Inside right
Staff member
Are you or still mostly isolating?

I'm starting to get out more. Me and the GF went to the pub for a meal on Monday night. We drove past a local, the door was open so I said do you fancy popping in for tea? There was only us and another couple in the dining area. Felt odd to be honest, the new normal.

I'm still furloughed and our lass in off the back end of next week so I had a look online and we've booked a hotel in the lakes for one night next Thursday. Cracking reviews, only cost £68.50 for B&B. Taking the plunge 😀

Are you or still mostly isolating?

I'm starting to get out more. Me and the GF went to the pub for a meal on Monday night. We drove past a local, the door was open so I said do you fancy popping in for tea? There was only us and another couple in the dining area. Felt odd to be honest, the new normal.

I'm still furloughed and our lass in off the back end of next week so I had a look online and we've booked a hotel in the lakes for one night next Thursday. Cracking reviews, only cost £68.50 for B&B. Taking the plunge 😀
I’m pretty much back to normal within the rules.
Had me mates in the garden, I took me Mam to the metrocentre last Thursday (she’d not been near a shop) had me hair cut Saturday and I’m off out for me dinner on Sunday.
If the gym announcement comes later today it’ll be pretty much be business as usual

The wife and i were out for the first time in about 14-ish weeks last night for a curry. It was a bit difficult to relax, but we did eventually. To the extent that we have booked a table at the Restaurant just next to the curry house, for next week.

Having said that, i've just watched a video from Dr. John Campbell, and he's warning that some experts now consider this virus to be airborne. That indoors, it can travel and remain in the air much longer than previously suspected.

So, am now having to reconsider our booking.

Apart from not spending weekends in the pub/club it's not been much different tbh. Working in the office, loads of exercise when not there.

Still walking the dog locally but haven't been in a shop or other public place like that yet.

The wife and i were out for the first time in about 14-ish weeks last night for a curry. It was a bit difficult to relax, but we did eventually. To the extent that we have booked a table at the Restaurant just next to the curry house, for next week.

Having said that, i've just watched a video from Dr. John Campbell, and he's warning that some experts now consider this virus to be airborne. That indoors, it can travel and remain in the air much longer than previously suspected.

So, am now having to reconsider our booking.

Genuine question - Has it never not been airborne?

Colds and flu are coronaviruses, aren't they? The general consensus has always been that they're spread by airborne transmission. I always thought this was the same, hence the use of masks and screens etc.

I go to the supermarket once a week. I go for a beach walk four or five times a week. Visit my daughter maybe twice a week. Daughter and grandson visit us. Son and grand daughters have been in our garden once during lockdown.
We had a bbq in garden two weeks ago and invited MIL, SIL and BIL. That’s it.
However my missus is back at work as of yesterday( hairdresser).
I woukd go back to work if I could but have no work yet.

Genuine question - Has it never not been airborne?

Colds and flu are coronaviruses, aren't they? The general consensus has always been that they're spread by airborne transmission. I always thought this was the same, hence the use of masks and screens etc.

I'm with you. Of course it's airborne. I'm my view proximity and length of time are the main reasons for infections (apart from coughing and sneezing in somebody's face, of course..)

Going to the Pub later this afternoon for the first time since lockdown. Not bothered about social distancing but I am am a bit concerned about the hygiene in the pub. As real ale drinker the condition of the beer this pub serves is poor at the best of times.

I've been working from home throughout so life hasn't really changed for me between mon-fri but at least i can get out and do things with the bairn when i've got him over the weekend now. Hopefully attractions are allowed to open soon as he won't stop talking about going to a castle :lol:

It's strange but as things are re-opening my mood is steadily going downhill and this week has been a massive struggle. I don't think i realised the levels of complete hermit-ness i had reached prior to lockdown so, when that started way back in late March, i found it a breeze because it was my normal anyway. Get up for work, come home, watch tv, go to bed and repeat then all of a sudden doing something wasn't an option... I couldn't go anywhere and i wasn't missing out on anything because no one else was out enjoying themselves either plus i saw the bairn more. Life was actually better in lockdown. Now everyone's lives are slowly returning back to normal but my unenforced hermit lifestyle remains and it's soul-destroying.

Been getting out more , walking, running plus trips to newbiggin , warkworth, lower newton beach, wallington hall, cragside . Not been to pub/restaurant yet, but will in good time.

Often a regular theatre goer but as the current restrictions don’t allow any shows to be put on, I’m not able to do that. The doors are open but it’s a bit weird not allowing the main purpose of a theatre to happen for a month or so at least.

Other than the above, it’s more or less business as usual. My offices are closed till September but I’m able to work from home no bother at all.

I've been working from home throughout so life hasn't really changed for me between mon-fri but at least i can get out and do things with the bairn when i've got him over the weekend now. Hopefully attractions are allowed to open soon as he won't stop talking about going to a castle :lol:

It's strange but as things are re-opening my mood is steadily going downhill and this week has been a massive struggle. I don't think i realised the levels of complete hermit-ness i had reached prior to lockdown so, when that started way back in late March, i found it a breeze because it was my normal anyway. Get up for work, come home, watch tv, go to bed and repeat then all of a sudden doing something wasn't an option... I couldn't go anywhere and i wasn't missing out on anything because no one else was out enjoying themselves either plus i saw the bairn more. Life was actually better in lockdown. Now everyone's lives are slowly returning back to normal but my unenforced hermit lifestyle remains and it's soul-destroying.

That was hard to read. I feel for you. I don't think you're alone in being in that position. This whole virus thing and the response to it is having a huge impact.
My advice, for what it's worth, is to set yourself little goals, however small. A good thing is you recognise that you're having a tough time.

I hope things soon open up for you and the bairn so you can both have stuff to look forward to. All the best.

Back