Getting a test in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried last week for a family member and got told to go to Kirkstall Road in Leeds, canny hike from Sunderland like. Rang up and they managed to send out a home testing kit instead after the website said there wasn’t any available. Better to just ring 119 and speak to someone, sounds like the website isn’t fit for purpose tbh

Aforementioned person posted it on Monday, granted one day was a bank holiday, but got a text on the following Sunday morning. Might as well just finished the 10 days by the time the results came back.

Madness, due back in the office Friday for first time and feel pretty great now, just I obviously can't go in without a negative result

Had a couple of family get tested last week at newcastle, one had an appointment and the other didnt. When they were there they were told you dont have to have an appointment, so the one that didnt have an appointment got done as well. Anyone in the area that wants one in the and the result within 24 hours, get yourself there.

Numbers or % of the population?

How are you expected to walk to a testing centre if you think you might be positive?

Are they seriously asking people who suspect they may be positive, to walk into a hospital? Fuck me.
According to worldometers site there are very few countries doing better than uk measuring tests per 100,000 population

id park my car in street and walk last couple of hundred yards

wont test centre be in car park rather than hospital

Had a couple of family get tested last week at newcastle, one had an appointment and the other didnt. When they were there they were told you dont have to have an appointment, so the one that didnt have an appointment got done as well. Anyone in the area that wants one in the and the result within 24 hours, get yourself there.

It would be useful if the NHS or whoever is responsible actually communicated this information. If true, it’d be a very good system for anyone with symptoms. I don’t mind driving to Newcastle, but I think a trip to Leeds, Edinburgh or Kirby Stephen whilst potentially ill with Covid isn’t the best thing to do, especially seeing the state my parents were in with the virus - they couldn’t have driven that far if they wanted to

By definition surely u don’t need an appointment for a walk through facility, maybe the fact u don’t need an appointment is why they are saying none are available

How are people meant to know where the walk in places are and if you can just turn up? I know someone who tried to book a test yesterday and it came up the only available test was in Leeds. A lot simply won’t get tested if there are none local.

How are people meant to know where the walk in places are and if you can just turn up? I know someone who tried to book a test yesterday and it came up the only available test was in Leeds. A lot of simply won’t get tested if there are none local.

The website does specifically state no walk in centres are available as well. The website is a shambles tbh. Had a much easier time when we gave up and just rang 119

All of them are available and open 7 days a week 8am till 8pm.

I don't want to be too sceptical, but before I hike all the way to Newcastle I did try and check

Mate in the NHS reckons the problem is that 5 out of the 6 testing sites in Durham were closed last week, and move elsewhere, leaving only Stanley

They gave me a Newcastle number to call, but the chap who answered said that they don't manage testing locally any more and it was all managed nationally

He suggested ringing 119.
The website does specifically state no walk in centres are available as well. The website is a shambles tbh. Had a much easier time when we gave up and just rang 119

Currently on hold

Doesnt help that the cold season has begun, loads thinking they might have it but dont.
This, since the schools went back last week seems loads of people have colds. This of course happens every year when the kids go back but because of the possibility of covid everyone’s needing a test.

Rang 119. Took 3 goes to get through

No appointments for drive in or walk through available anywhere in the NE

Advised that more will be released after 8pm

PS Gov.uk website now shows

Sorry, this service is currently unavailable
Please try again in a few hours when more tests should be available.

Last edited:
Matt Hancock is the only person surprised.

In fact, he's been surprised by the outcomes of his decisions so often this past 7 months, he has the permanent look of a man wide eyed with shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back