Getting a test in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure what you's are doing but I just tested it as I was curious and got:

Your nearest walk-through test site is Newcastle Etherley Rd – Walk through site (6.3 miles away)

Etherley Road Car Park
Newcastle
NE6 2UT

44 slots available in the next 5 days

I'm not sure what you's are doing but I just tested it as I was curious and got:

Your nearest walk-through test site is Newcastle Etherley Rd – Walk through site (6.3 miles away)

Etherley Road Car Park
Newcastle
NE6 2UT

This - our boy is going there at half 3.

Try again later mate.

Will do. Been trying since yesterday.

But it looks like there are problems right across the UK and have been for a few days.

Big mess

Etherley Road Car Park
Newcastle
NE6 2UT

Thats bonkers

I just tried again and got:

Your nearest drive-through test site is Hawick - Teviotdale Leisure Centre - Mobile Unit (64.6 miles away)
Teviotdale Leisure Centre, Mansfield Road
Hawick
TD9 8AG
50 slots available in the next 5 days.
!WarningThere are currently no walk-through test sites or home test kits available. Please try again later.
This - our boy is going there at half 3.

When did he book it. I've been trying since yesterday, and have never been told there are no walk-in slots available anywhere?

Last edited:
NHS website saying no walk in tests available anywhere in the North East, and no home testing kits available anywhere in the UK

"There are currently no walk-through test sites or home test kits available. Please try again later."

This is what the booking system say:

Your nearest drive-through test site is Galashiels - Mobile Unit (73.5 miles away)
Nether Road
Galashiels
TD1 3HE
12 slots available in the next 5 days.
!WarningThere are currently no walk-through test sites or home test kits available. Please try again later.
Turn up to Byker or Newcastle General Hospital walk in sites and you will get a covid test.

And yet we're testing more than almost every other country in the world

Numbers or % of the population?
Turn up to Byker or Newcastle General Hospital walk in sites and you will get a covid test.

How are you expected to walk to a testing centre if you think you might be positive?

Are they seriously asking people who suspect they may be positive, to walk into a hospital? Fuck me.

Last edited:
Daily Tests per 1,000 of the population (on 7 day average as of 6th Sept) - 8 countries ahead of us.

UAE - 8.14
Bahrain - 6.05
Singapore - 5.75
Malta - 4.94
Denmark - 4.93
Israel - 3.04
Australia - 2.74
Luxembourg - 2.56

How are you expected to walk to a testing centre if you think you might be positive?

Are they seriously asking people who suspect they may be positive, to walk into a hospital? Fuck me.
:lol:
Exactly. It's beggars belief really.
Although if I'm honest I'm not sure if these are being used to pick up merely those who are asymptomatic/mild symptoms early or just test those with recent exposure/contact with the virus - only Matt Hancock knows that one.

Last edited:

They're not hospitals. Byker is in a car park and the General Hospital has been shut for nearly a decade now - it was supposed to be a Tesco now but they pulled out in 2015 with Peterlee etc.

Will do. Been trying since yesterday.

But it looks like there are problems right across the UK and have been for a few days.

Big mess

Thats bonkers

I just tried again and got:

Your nearest drive-through test site is Hawick - Teviotdale Leisure Centre - Mobile Unit (64.6 miles away)
Hawick
TD9 8AG
50 slots available in the next 5 days.

When did he book it. I've been trying since yesterday, and have never been told there are no walk-in slots available anywhere?

This morning I think - got sent home from 6th Form as someone tested positive from one of his classes last Friday.

Daily Tests per 1,000 of the population (on 7 day average as of 6th Sept) - 8 countries ahead of us.

UAE - 8.14
Bahrain - 6.05
Singapore - 5.75
Malta - 4.94
Denmark - 4.93
Israel - 3.04
Australia - 2.74
Luxembourg - 2.56

Most of them aren't really comparable are they?

So my assertion that we're testing more than almost any other country is correct

This morning I think - got sent home from 6th Form as someone tested positive from one of his classes last Friday.

Still getting this message:

Hawick
TD9 8AG
2 slots available in the next 5 days.

Hawick
TD9 8AG
No appointment needed for the aforementioned Newcastle Byker and General sites.

Posted my test back Thursday and still not had results , looked on twitter and could be a 9 day wait.

If i did have it then track and trace us useless as not been out flat since last Monday.

I tried last week for a family member and got told to go to Kirkstall Road in Leeds, canny hike from Sunderland like. Rang up and they managed to send out a home testing kit instead after the website said there wasn’t any available. Better to just ring 119 and speak to someone, sounds like the website isn’t fit for purpose tbh
Posted my test back Thursday and still not had results , looked on twitter and could be a 9 day wait.

If i did have it then track and trace us useless as not been out flat since last Monday.

Aforementioned person posted it on Monday, granted one day was a bank holiday, but got a text on the following Sunday morning. Might as well just finished the 10 days by the time the results came back.

Last edited:

Hawick
TD9 8AG

By definition surely u don’t need an appointment for a walk through facility, maybe the fact u don’t need an appointment is why they are saying none are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back