George Michael Inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Brilliant for George and despite those arguing who should be in before him he still deserves it, apart from his superb voice, songwriting and production talents he gave millions away quietly and without ever wanting publicity, had his demons but what a positive impact he had on music and my lifetime, well done.

Very, very true. But without him giving GM the confidence as a teenager to blossom, and being the initial driving force behind Wham, and happy to play second fiddle, GM would never have existed. And GM never questioned that, or ever had a bad word for him. And AR has been fiercely protective of GM's privacey and never sought to cash in.

He was happy to let GM grow, walked away with his share of Whams royalties, and kept himself to himself in Cornwall, happy in his own world.

Credit to him really.
I wasn't aware of that, AR deserves far more credit than I thought.

GM was a spotty, fat kid with zero confidence. As teenagers, AR brought him out of himself, and GM trusted him. As their success grew, so did GM. He was quite open that without AR, he probably would never have happened.
Good friends looking out for each other. Zero jealousy from AR.
I'd known GM was a spotty, chubby kid. AR obviously recognised what his Wham partner was musically capable of so encouraged which led to the later result. So obviously correct that without the AR influence he probably would not have reached the standard he did.
I'd known GM was a spotty, chubby kid. AR obviously recognised what his Wham partner was musically capable of so encouraged which led to the later result. So obviously correct that without the AR influence he probably would not have reached the standard he did.
Sorry, timed out for me to edit, but disrespectful for me to say potential future finance may have led that.

Last edited:
I'm not disputing that AR did well out of the connection, but recognising the potential in GM at that stage was spot on.
Even George said that AR knew way before he did that he was going to outgrow their partnership, and just simply accepted it, and kept helping him.
Special kind of friendship that.

I don't know if you remember when they came on stage at Live Aid. They walked on together, and AR just disappeared in to the backing singers, happy to let GM take centre stage and just be George Michael.đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Even George said that AR knew way before he did that he was going to outgrow their partnership, and just simply accepted it, and kept helping him.
Special kind of friendship that.

I don't know if you remember when they came on stage at Live Aid. They walked on together, and AR just disappeared in to the backing singers, happy to let GM take centre stage and just be George Michael.đź‘Ť
I remember that George took the forefront mainly, so yes it does take a very special friendship to accept/encourage that in the world of performance.

Available from 9am.

Back