George Michael Inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

I`m sure the likes of Blues legends BB King, Albert King, Albert Collins as well as George Harrison, who all played with Gary Moore would beg to differ.
You may not like his music, which is absolutely fine, but the words rubbish and disgraceful have no place alongside Moore`s name.

He did do Run For Cover with Glenn Hughes - don`t get many singers better than that
I just think the music is terrible. It’s stuffy and boring. I honestly believe people don’t like the music. It to me is a skill he has like a person scratching on a turntable, beatboxing or a big drum solo. It isn’t music. I can understand people standing watching impressed at a talent but it is not music.

I just think the music is terrible. It’s stuffy and boring. I honestly believe people don’t like the music. It to me is a skill he has like a person scratching on a turntable, beatboxing or a big drum solo. It isn’t music. I can understand people standing watching impressed at a talent but it is not music.
Very highly regarded by some very respected Blues musicians

I`m sure the likes of Blues legends BB King, Albert King, Albert Collins as well as George Harrison, who all played with Gary Moore would beg to differ.
You may not like his music, which is absolutely fine, but the words rubbish and disgraceful have no place alongside Moore`s name.

He did do Run For Cover with Glenn Hughes - don`t get many singers better than that
Yeah but Hughes only sang lead vocal on 3 of the 9 tracks ….not enough to consolidate the albums style….he re recorded Empty Rooms on Run for Cover but like on Victims of the Future Moore chose to sing the lead vocal……If he had given it to Hughes to sing it probably would have been more successful than it was…….but thats Gary for you…..he always wanted to be the main man hence why he never lasted in Lizzy

Yeah but Hughes only sang lead vocal on 3 of the 9 tracks ….not enough to consolidate the albums style….he re recorded Empty Rooms on Run for Cover but like on Victims of the Future Moore chose to sing the lead vocal……If he had given it to Hughes to sing it probably would have been more successful than it was…….but thats Gary for you…..he always wanted to be the main man hence why he never lasted in Lizzy
That paragraph names 3 tracks and 2 musicians, and the only thing that most people may possibly recognise is Gary Moores name.
90% won't have heared the tracks, and probably 90% won't have heared of Hughes.

That's why George Michael is in the HOF and neither of those two are.

Moore should never have left btw.😁

Last edited:
I'd have been counting Careless Whisper, though it turns out that's Wham anarl.

Can't think of a single thing he's done since Fast Love and Outside in the mid-90s.
Careless Whisper was a solo track not Wham
Had 9 top twenty hits in the naughties inc Amazing which peaked at 4

True - I don`t think Moore is a bad singer though - not in the Uli Jon Roth/Joe Perry/Keith Richards guitarist/singer voices but he`s no Dave Meniketti either. He could do a job as an occasional lead singer but did need a full time singer.

True - I don`t think Moore is a bad singer though - not in the Uli Jon Roth/Joe Perry/Keith Richards guitarist/singer voices but he`s no Dave Meniketti either. He could do a job as an occasional lead singer but did need a full time singer.
Yeah i agree…..when Gary stayed within a certain vocal range he was ok ..but when he stretched his voice it wasnt always that good……its a shame he couldnt put his ego aside in the same way Michael Shenker did for example. I still think hes a fab guitarist mind and a decent songwriter generally really like a lot of the stuff he has recorded be that solo or with the likes of Lizzy etc

Careless Whisper was a solo track not Wham
Had 9 top twenty hits in the naughties inc Amazing which peaked at 4
Well that's what I thought, but the internet reckons otherwise.

There's a bit of a crossover. As Ridgely shares a writing credit, I think we can still call it a Wham record.

9 top 20 hits, and I couldn't hum a single one even after looking up the titles, yet I could sing the chorus to most Girls Aloud songs.

No musical comparison really.
Very, very true. But without him giving GM the confidence as a teenager to blossom, and being the initial driving force behind Wham, and happy to play second fiddle, GM would never have existed. And GM never questioned that, or ever had a bad word for him. And AR has been fiercely protective of GM's privacey and never sought to cash in.

He was happy to let GM grow, walked away with his share of Whams royalties, and kept himself to himself in Cornwall, happy in his own world.

Credit to him really.

Last edited:

Back