George Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Entire career” - he’s f***ing 21 man!

Robson played 9 games in the championship for a god awful team (and was played out of desperation, he hardly shone) and has a total of 22 senior appearances at the age of 22. He also couldn’t get near our team last season hence being loaned out.

At the age of 21 Dobson has played 92 senior games and captained his side.

In my opinion, he looks a lot better on paper but I’m happy for others to have differing opinions.

I’m not sure anyone is wanking, most sensible people will be waiting to see him play.

Now thats not true is it. He was injured almost the entire first half of the season and we loaned him out to get his fitness back in January.

I'm almost certain had Robson been playing for Wallsall or most other league one sides since he was 19 or so, he'd have well over 100 appearances also.

Robson probably doesn't have that bit class, but we're not signing him and paying for him out of a limited budget. He's already here, so might as well try him out, we still have Power, McGeough, Leadbitter, O'Nien, Honeyman who can all play CM should it not work out. We really don't need another.
robson isnt playing for free like..

Now thats not true is it. He was injured almost the entire first half of the season and we loaned him out to get his fitness back in January.

I'm almost certain had Robson been playing for Wallsall or most other league one sides since he was 19 or so, he'd have well over 100 appearances also.
If he was good enough he’d have stayed here rather than being loaned out for half a season. How many other injured players did we loan out to get fit?

Never said he was. We didn't have to buy him though and pay two peoples wages now.

Fair enough if Ross doesn't fancy some of the current crop and they're moved on, but at the minute i think we've simply got too many CM's
I doubt many would disagree with that and I’d agree the timing of the signing seems strange, I thought we’d shift 1 or 2 first.

find this sort of view hilarious
brilliant business how?
he's done nout man

:lol:
Maybe ‘brilliant’ is overly enthusiastic but it’s definitely good business at the very least on paper.

He’s young, played nearly 100 games at this level and relatively cheap.

he has done a lot more than most of our current midfielders..

elaborate? see I dont think he has
don't get me wrong, I am by no means writing this lad off I just find it so difficult to understand how anyone can be anything other than reserved when it comes to declaring whether this is good biz or not
he might be good - he might be rotten

Maybe ‘brilliant’ is overly enthusiastic but it’s definitely good business at the very least on paper.

He’s young, played nearly 100 games at this level and relatively cheap.
this take is a bit more like it

'brilliant' man :lol:

can we also pls not forget this kid was relegated from our league last season
thx

Last edited:
elaborate? see I dont think he has
don't get me wrong, I am by no means writing this lad off I just find it so difficult to understand how anyone can be anything other than reserved when it comes to declaring whether this is good biz or not
he might be good - he might be rotten

this take is a bit more like it

'brilliant' man :lol:
Aye I think brilliant is over stretching it a bit, but it’s a good signing to make at this level. Same with Willis.

Aye I think brilliant is over stretching it a bit, but it’s a good signing to make at this level. Same with Willis.

only if they perform to the standard our fans demand. they did ok at clubs where the expectations are diminished considerably - they wont get that here.

jury completely out on everyone we have brought in, I hope they are all great

only if they perform to the standard our fans demand. they did ok at clubs where the expectations are diminished considerably - they wont get that here.

jury completely out on everyone we have brought in, I hope they are all great
Rightly or wrongly, he’ll get a bit more slack given his age and apparent work rate, like O’Nien.

He’ll get a bit more slack given his age and apparent work rate, like O’Nien.

there you have it 'o'nien gets slack' according to you yet I have seen men in their 50 on twitter crucifying him
comes with the safc territory basically and I'm not even saying its wrong
just that playing for us in this league is a different sort of challenge and there is absolutely no way of saying we have done any good business until these lads get to prove it or disprove it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back