George Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

yes thats right..the first two..the manager didnt know what positons the players palay in because he dodnt know any english players so played expensive signings out of positon..
Pleased to say we agreed on that. I raised my eyebrows when I found we had appointed a Scottish lower league manager who obviously had limited knowledge about the league we are in. Player recruitment was, on the whole poor, there were glaring weakness throughout the squad, lack of pace and strength, especially in the air cost us time and again. I think we needed a manager in the Denis Smith mould who knew the league and the players to bring in (Marco, McPhail). And who could organise.

we have the ability to buy the best available..we signed five promotion winners last year..spent more than all other teams combined...the resources are not in queson at this level...we are the man city of league one..

your right about sustainability..nbut spending more on footballers doesnt make you more sustainable...because there is no garuantee you will goup..as we saw lasy year when we spent more than every team and didnt go up..

Man City if they were still in the Championship after wasting a record amount on transfer fees

Great comparison

I’m not sure how a ST holder at Walsall who watched him regularly is better placed to comment on how good/poor he is when compared to Sunderland fans who’ve either never really watched him or seen him play for the opposition a couple of times mind ;)
Let’s hope, we have to get one right now and then. Let’s see if this midfielder plays full back.

Man City if they were still in the Championship after wasting a record amount on transfer fees

Great comparison
i meant in the context of we spent relative to our oppoennts as much as city did..city spent it well..we spent it badly..thats why we failed..issue wasnt lakc of money it was lack of people with the requisite talent to spend the money..

Let’s hope, we have to get one right now and then. Let’s see if this midfielder plays full back.
we have loads of full backs now...we had a right back at CB last year and a CM at Right back..

So has Ethan Robson, so do you think this kid is better than him?
Robson is a year older than Dobson, and Dobsons played 100 games in this division already, so yes I 'd say he's probably better, plus the lad already said he can play box to box, he's a good signing at this level and I hope it works out for the lad, he seems like a nice kid willing to work hard to get better.

Pretty sure if you look at my posting history i'm anything but trying to knock the club and looking for a downside.

I'm actually quite upbeat about the team this year and think we have more than enough cover in midfield. I'd just rather give Robson a chance, than bringing in someone else.

I also think McGeough is going to be a standout player for us this year, so i'm not sure where all these CM's fit in?

Fair enough

I’m note sure Ethan would be ready to rely on all season

Need a strong squad that’s for sure

Same goes for everyone else on this forum though claiming it's a good signing when truthfully no one has seen enough of him to comment and i'm pretty sure 95% of the forum didn't even know he existed until we were linked.

I just don't want to see a youth product not get a chance because of a signing who on paper is no better.
I don’t disagree with that first bit either, there aren’t many on here qualifier to say any of our new signings are either brilliant or shit.

Dobson is miles better than Robson on paper mind, he’s played at a much higher level and captained a senior team already. Whether he’ll be much better in reality, who knows.

Robson is a year older than Dobson, and Dobsons played 100 games in this division already, so yes I 'd say he's probably better, plus the lad already said he can play box to box, he's a good signing at this level and I hope it works out for the lad, he seems like a nice kid willing to work hard to get better.
I d love to see a midfield 3 of O9, this Dobson kid and Embleton. 3 young lads full of enthusiasm. The squad is a bit top heavy in this department though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back