George Dobson

Think i am still in a huff with him for that horrendous error he made in that crucial game against Burton at home to be honest :lol:
That was awful, no idea what he was playing at. He'd played very well against Accrington and Rochdale as well before that. Just made it even more frustrating because he then got injured I believe and disappeared from the side again.

I dont think anyone could say either based on what we have seen from him that he is not very easy to replace if it came to that

So why not give the fella a chance to get into the side and possibly show why we bought him and why he was so highly regarded in the first place?

What it boils down to when you read stuff about him on here is the big error he made when he gave they ball away, that could have happened to any amount of our players tbh.

I know the camp is split on the lad but I just reckon he's worth giving another try.

They have already, understandably, with Cattermole.

True. But Ross has known since he got here that the club needed to offload him at the first available opportunity. He knows the maths. It was hardly going over his head, just economic reality.

Can someone explain why the club would want rid even if the manager says he wants him to stay?

Presumably Ross wants Dobson, as we're in for him. Maybe Ross wants him more than Dylan.

And I wouldn't read to much into Ross saying he wants him to stay anyway. Ross plays things straight on the whole, but managers will hardly say in public, "I want rid of this player". If player doesn't leave then he's undermined his relationship with the player. And it also puts the club at a disadvantage in negotiations to sell, if we've implied we're desperate to get rid.

The echo piece linked above is vague - unsupported by any quotes from Sunderland. And I think they have it wrong, we didn't trigger the McGeouch contract extension, he did.

Last edited:
Only because he is a copper-bottomed example of the sort player we will lionise as the next Andrea Pirlo when he leaves, even if he spends the next ten years at f***ing Falkirk.

Move on man, he's not the answer.
Sorry if I don't share your opinion

He has a role at The Beacon during the summer - arm wrestling against primary school aged children when they visit (he has a 40% success rate).
When you were typing that out did it not occur to you that it was painfully unfunny?

Alongside

Nowhere near. You're being very silly now
Him and Catts in midfield, we gained more points with them two in midfield together last season. I know Maja was in the team at that time but it still have us the more solid base to start from. For whatever reason, injuries played a part at times, Ross didn't play him after Christmas. He came back in the team for two and a half games after the checkatrade final, we won two and drew the other, got injured again and then that was your lot.

It didn't paint that picture at all. It was a worse post than I originally thought

Well done
Okay, forget the wee jock for the moment.
Let's consider some possible attributes of a holding midfielder for example -
Physical strength/determination/good in the air/pace/fitness/stamina, crunching tackles and so on....

Okay, let's not and just think about the wee jock again.

Okay, forget the wee jock for the moment.
Let's consider some possible attributes of a holding midfielder for example -
Physical strength/determination/good in the air/pace/fitness/stamina, crunching tackles and so on....

Okay, let's not and just think about the wee jock again.
I'm not sure why you're waffling on to me about holding midfield, I've never mentioned it

Back