George Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played enough to see he was certainly nothing special and when you consider the level we are at thats a worry

Looked half decent in some games, I'm of the opinion that he just didn't play enough to get settled and that was due to injuries at the start off the season that persisted thru the season.

If he goes then fair enough but I don't think anyone could say that he had been given a good go in the side.

But he didn't have to say not about him, or indeed say very little off pushed. He talked about McGeouch's time here last season and how stop and start it was, he then went on to give him his backing that he'd be in his thoughts.

Money talks tho I guess and I suppose anything can happen...I'm just not sure if Ross would have said so much if the plan was to push him out.
Aye ya right shouldn't have said anything really ,but it needs sorting if we are sticking with 1 in 1 out

Looked half decent in some games, I'm of the opinion that he just didn't play enough to get settled and that was due to injuries at the start off the season that persisted thru the season.

If he goes then fair enough but I don't think anyone could say that he had been given a good go in the side.
He hasn't JR seemed to back away from him using Cattermole and Leadbitter and that didn't end well either. Had he remained injury free and had a good run in the team I think he would have been a better holding midfield option and probably would have saved the need to buy Leadbitter

I dont think anyone could say either based on what we have seen from him that he is not very easy to replace if it came to that

Are we forgetting that he was shite last season then?
I don't know about shite but he barely featured and when he did get in the team and look good for a few games, he immediately got injured again. People point to the run of five games we won around October time and the fact he featured heavily but actually we played terribly in that run of games and should have probably lost most of them.

I don't know about shite but he barely featured and when he did get in the team and look good for a few games, he immediately got injured again. People point to the run of five games we won around October time and the fact he featured heavily but actually we played terribly in that run of games and should have probably lost most of them.

Think i am still in a huff with him for that horrendous error he made in that crucial game against Burton at home to be honest :lol:

Sunderland want to keep McGeouch as well as land Walsall captain Dobson

Sunderland want to keep McGeouch as well as land Walsall captain Dobson

Who the fuck do we get rid of?
If we sign Dobson, we'll be adding to an already bloated midfield. I'm sure despite Ross' intentions to keep McGeouch he'll leave eventually.

If he doesn't that's; Dobson, McGeouch, Leadbitter, O'Nien, Honeyman, Embleton, Maguire, Robson, Power

That's 9 players for arguably 3 positions.
Dobson doesn't sound like a direct replacement for McGeouch. He's more of a box to box midfielder whereas McGeouch is holding. So you've got(in its simplest form)

DCM: McGeouch, Leadbitter
CM: Power, Dobson, Robson, O'Nien
ACM: Honeyman, Maguire, Embleton

There's only really McGeouch in that list that could be deemed 'surplus', Power too I guess but hes injured and likely not have any suitors.

Don't understand why people love McGeouch on here, I saw very little from him to excite me.

Someone needs to be peddled if Dobson comes in - I'd choose him. Or Honeyman maybe. But McGeouch would get peddled for me.

Who the fuck do we get rid of?
If we sign Dobson, we'll be adding to an already bloated midfield. I'm sure despite Ross' intentions to keep McGeouch he'll leave eventually.

If he doesn't that's; Dobson, McGeouch, Leadbitter, O'Nien, Honeyman, Embleton, Maguire, Robson, Power

That's 9 players for arguably 3 positions.
Dobson doesn't sound like a direct replacement for McGeouch. He's more of a box to box midfielder whereas McGeouch is holding. So you've got(in its simplest form)

DCM: McGeouch, Leadbitter
CM: Power, Dobson, Robson, O'Nien
ACM: Honeyman, Maguire, Embleton

There's only really McGeouch in that list that could be deemed 'surplus', Power too I guess but hes injured and likely not have any suitors.
Holding midfielder ffs don't make me laugh.

Don't understand why people love McGeouch on here, I saw very little from him to excite me.

Someone needs to be peddled if Dobson comes in - I'd choose him. Or Honeyman maybe. But McGeouch would get peddled for me.

Sadly Honeyman is going nowhere. I just hope his 'Captain' status is more club level acknowledgement of his leadership qualities than a sign of guaranteed first team status

Spot on I asked the question weeks ago what does he do .Somebody forget who said he recycles things ,so does the rag man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back