WMS George Clarke’s Amazing Podcast!

It’s possible, or it certainly used to be, to be a Sunderland fan and still generally wish other north eastern teams well. My dad was a massive Sunderland fan, he’s the reason I am because I grew up in Coventry but he went to see Newcastle in the 55 cup final and was certainly supporting them. I can no longer wish them well but I’ve usually been of them view that all the sides in the north east doing well is good. I’d be delighted if they were runners up in every competition provided we won them!
Not for some of the whoppers on here. They can't even bring themselves to say Newcastle Airport ffs.

Was his mate in Blackfell juniors and we lived in the same street. He was always a Sunderland fan but not a massive footie fan. I think his passion for the game grew with age. He was never a Mag though. I wouldn’t have hung around with him if he was.
Year below me at Blackfell… possibly two. Moved from Sunderland about the same time we did I think. (I lived just behind the honest boy)

Really enjoyed that(except the bits I missed due to bakgtound noise). Was more interested in the talk about the development of the city. I loved his passion for the place and the positivity around the future. Makes it clear we all have a part to play and it’s essential the city retains talented people, as often as not they bring wealth. Can wish him nothing but good luck with all his projects.

Last edited:

Back