Gents haircuts

Ant time served barber/hairdresser should be able to do this.
Mrs Coat (no) - now retired - did her 4 year apprenticeship - and still maintains that a barber/hairdresser should be able to do a gents haircut in 10 minutes.

Must be made of money yay lad.:lol:
Mind you, that butcher opposite the Esso garage charges a tenner a pop - cash only:D
Lots can scissor cut but it takes a good un to cut short and fast. Like mine no longer than the thickness of a birds fingers .
My current one is lightning, never shuts up while shes at it either.
£9.00 pensh price too 😉😊

Load of people telling porkies in here... 4 pages of barber recommendations and not one photo of a freshly cut barnet to back them up

Loved that place when I worked through there. Talking 13 years ago now mind. But was a proper barber.

I understand it's not the old fella with the beard any more.

Nah, my mate Barry worked for Dave the bloke with the beard. When Dave decided to retire Barry bought it. Standard of hair cuttery is still top notch although as I’m bald as a coot now it’s my bairns that benefit.

Nah, my mate Barry worked for Dave the bloke with the beard. When Dave decided to retire Barry bought it. Standard of hair cuttery is still top notch although as I’m bald as a coot now it’s my bairns that benefit.
Yeah I remember Barry but it was always Dave who did mine. Though slightly freaked me the way he would comb his own beard with the same comb he was using on me hair :lol:

Might have a trip through for a nostalgic cut some time.

Caroline's round the corner from Asda Boldon, no appointments costs a tenner.
Mostly oldies and kids and takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how much chat is gannin on.
There's about half a dozen hairdressers/barbers within about 100 yards on that road including a Turkish but they must all do a decent trade.

Freddies on Hylton road. Good guy as well as being able to do a great cut. He used to work in one Chester road a few years ago and everyone wanted him to cut their hair so he left and set up his own place as he was doing more work than anyone else.

Caroline's round the corner from Asda Boldon, no appointments costs a tenner.
Mostly oldies and kids and takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how much chat is gannin on.
There's about half a dozen hairdressers/barbers within about 100 yards on that road including a Turkish but they must all do a decent trade.
Aye I was just looking at that when picking up me dog biscuits from Petmeals. Bizarre how many there are on such a short strip. Just adds weight to them being fronts for other activities like.

avoid the turks like the plague there mate , otherwise you'll be getting that ringworm there iirc.And they all take cash in hand which seems strange to me imo mate.

Back