Gents haircuts

Same lass has cut my hair 25 years
Wash and cut by a proper hairdresser ,Japanese scissors and all that . Takes more than 10 minutes and I've got short hair these days
Ettrick Grove

10 minutes, you get that kind of cut at Reds. I’ve used them a couple of times and they’re not very good.

Someone who takes their time and gets it spot on, every time, is what I want.

You’ve never met a bloke like me Rakesy. I bet I could turn you.
I’ve seen your hair

Ted Baker has a few salons in that London. Pricey but you get a ‘free’ beer, decent haircut and shave, ear flaming, and an arm massage.

Feels great strutting out of the place.

In the old days. Adam the Poles , St Luke’s Terrace. Now either the barber at Furbellows Whitby or Brendan at the Kelham Barbers Sheffield

DW the 1973 footballers was on Durham Rd between the infirmary and the town centre. Derby St/Elwin Terrace area.
I vaguely remember his missus was a hairdresser, I'm fairly sure the original shop was a tiny place near the entrance of Sunderland station, so maybe they moved to bigger premises.

Daughter served her time there.

Jen Deighton down Sea Road. They’re one of only a few salons in Sunderland who can do a scissor cut.

The above wasn't allowed to move on to the next level when an apprentice until she had mastered a scissor cut ( nee clippers allowed).

Mrs Coat (no) still does my flowing locks, even though she has retired.
Costs me thousands of pounds :lol:

probably cost me just as much :lol:
They’re shite as well. Ask for a scissor over comb on the back and sides and they shit themselves.

Wouldn't know what your talking about.

Where do the more smarter gents on the SMB get their hair trimmed these days?

My usual hairdresser is now off on maternity leave so looking for a new place to get my barnet cut.

And I’m not talking with a razor, I need a proper scissor cut so I’m likely taking all these Turkish type places out the equation here.

In or around SR3 area.

Lass at De Niro's used to do a topper cut and it would last me the full three weeks. Last time I went, she'd moved on. Steve cut it. Smashing bloke, but I'm sure I came out with more hair than when I went in.
If my hairdresser was taking that long I'd be worried that she didn't know what she was doing like. 10 minutes is enough unless you are getting it washed and dyed or something.

Probably pays for a private cut in the back room. They've had his trousers down, although not literally.

Last edited:

Back