Gents haircuts

TheWanderer

Striker
Where do the more smarter gents on the SMB get their hair trimmed these days?

My usual hairdresser is now off on maternity leave so looking for a new place to get my barnet cut.

And I’m not talking with a razor, I need a proper scissor cut so I’m likely taking all these Turkish type places out the equation here.

In or around SR3 area.

Where do the more smarter gents on the SMB get their hair trimmed these days?

My usual hairdresser is now off on maternity leave so looking for a new place to get my barnet cut.

And I’m not talking with a razor, I need a proper scissor cut so I’m likely taking all these Turkish type places out the equation here.

In or around SR3 area.
Djs in concorde

Jen Deighton down Sea Road. They’re one of only a few salons in Sunderland who can do a scissor cut.

The other alternative, although he was a bit unreliable when I used him due to some health issues, but I believe he’s up and running properly now is Laing’s at the Stack. He’s really good in fact.

Anything Turkish is horrific. Lots of these other ones such as The Keep also can’t cut hair, just part of the skin fade crew, my 8 year old could learn to do a skin fade in about a week.

Last edited:
Jen Deighton down Sea Road. They’re one of only a few salons in Sunderland who can do a scissor cut.
Ant time served barber/hairdresser should be able to do this.
Mrs Coat (no) - now retired - did her 4 year apprenticeship - and still maintains that a barber/hairdresser should be able to do a gents haircut in 10 minutes.
Reds for me.
Must be made of money yay lad.:lol:
Mind you, that butcher opposite the Esso garage charges a tenner a pop - cash only:D

Last edited:
Ant time served barber/hairdresser should be able to do this.
Mrs Coat (no) - now retired - did her 4 year apprenticeship - and still maintains that a barber/hairdresser should be able to do a gents haircut in 10 minutes.
10 minutes, nee way would I trust her. 😂 I’m in about 45 minutes.

Modern day barbers are woeful. They do a crash course and learn how to use some clippers.

Must be made of money yay lad.:lol:
Mind you, that butcher opposite the Esso garage charges a tenner a pop - cash only:D
:lol: It's pricey like but no point scrimping on something you wear every second of your life (unless you are a baldy).

I saw that sign the other day and immediately thought of you mate. :lol:
10 minutes, nee way would I trust her. 😂 I’m in about 45 minutes.

Modern day barbers are woeful. They do a crash course and learn how to use some clippers.
What the fck are they doing for 45 minutes? :lol:

Last edited:
They’re shite as well. Ask for a scissor over comb on the back and sides and they shit themselves.
If my hairdresser was taking that long I'd be worried that she didn't know what she was doing like. 10 minutes is enough unless you are getting it washed and dyed or something.

Back