Generators outside

You would think so.

When Virgin laid their cables in our street, they accidentally cut through the cable that powers the streetlights so they all went off. When the council came out to repair that cable, they cut through a BT cable instead of their own, so we lost our telephone and broadband access 🤦‍♀️
I used to work in a large office block outside Wembley Stadium. When they were demolishing the old stadium the contractors cut through all of our telephone lines.

The office lost its phones for weeks because the whole geography of the neighbourhood had changed and Telecom couldn't find the street junction box or whatever it is that served the building. When it was finally located it turned out to be under hundreds of tons of earth and rubble that the demolition contractors had dumped on top of it and it took another couple of days to dig out.

They will have replacement parts on site. No way the power would be out for weeks.
They certainly wont have replacement parts on site. High Voltage swithgear isnt something you store to be replaced in a day. Especially in large substations. The stadium is on a firm supply which means they have a backup alternative route. The generators will be there just in case that backup supply fails. Only high end important customers like SAFC get the backup generator treatment aswell.

Does anybody know why the club needs a massive double trailer generator outside the main entrance. There were 10 feeds going into the stadium. I noticed it at the Hull game on Friday. I remember the power went off once, coincidentally also at a Hull City game I think a few years back. Is it there just in case?

Does anybody know why the club needs a massive double trailer generator outside the main entrance. There were 10 feeds going into the stadium. I noticed it at the Hull game on Friday. I remember the power went off once, coincidentally also at a Hull City game I think a few years back. Is it there just in case?
They cut into cables doing the bridge

Supply to the ground is damaged and has been since the Watford game this season. Generator is in use. It’s not the clubs fault it’s also not an expense to the club. It just looks a bit shite

This

This is bollocks

Last edited:
It's not true, sorry. The issue is a transformer fault in the substation next to the stadium entrance. As has been said several times on those threads, no way does a cable strike necessitate a 4 month generator connection.

Forgive my technical explanation but basically over the years more and more load was put onto the original “board” and it eventually failed.
They’ve managed to replace that “board” like for like, but it needs upgrading to cope with the modern day demand on the ground. So the generators are still there to take the extra load until it can be upgraded in the summer.
It’s testament to the power lads that any games have went ahead apparently

Forgive my technical explanation but basically over the years more and more load was put onto the original “board” and it eventually failed.
They’ve managed to replace that “board” like for like, but it needs upgrading to cope with the modern day demand on the ground. So the generators are still there to take the extra load until it can be upgraded in the summer.
That and turning some of the hand driers off.

So, essentially, we sacked the board!
Precedent set, lads!

Back