Geese.

I love geese in flight but always found them intimidating when I had toddlers feeding the ducks

They can be a bit lairy. Not as bad as swans though.
There's a flock round here that fly over on a morning and then fly back late afternoon. We call it the commuter flock 😁

From memory you’re in Washington aren’t you? There’ll be loads of comings and goings with the wetlands centre there.

Geese do look impressive in flight like.

Though I used to get fed up of them years ago. I lived right next to a lake and they would make a hell of a racket on a morning. When you have been clubbing and just got in at 3am, the last thing you want is 50 geese starting up for the day 3 hours later.

Walked along Hurworth Burn Resevoir the other week (look it up, lovely). Must have been 300 on grass by is squaking like mad then left in groups of 20 or so towards coast. Great sight like.

Break a man’s arm. Or is that a swan.
Swans don't have arms.......
There's a flock round here that fly over on a morning and then fly back late afternoon. We call it the commuter flock 😁
Whereabouts is that?
I'm near Bournmoor, they fly over towards Rainton Country Park in the morning and back to , I assume, Washington wetlands late afternoon.
Numbers increase in the next 3-4 weeks and I love it when you hear the noisy sods then see them flying over in that V shape .....

Last edited:

Whereabouts is that?
I'm near Bournmoor, they fly over towards Rainton Country Park in the morning and back to , I assume, Washington wetlands late afternoon.
Numbers increase in the next 3-4 weeks and I love it when you hear the noisy sods then see them flying over in that V shape .....
No, you see you don’t understand. The swan breaks a man’s arm. The swan has a wing. A big wing but not a big wing like Leigh Mallory. That’s a completely different type of big wing.

They can be a bit lairy. Not as bad as swans though.

From memory you’re in Washington aren’t you? There’ll be loads of comings and goings with the wetlands centre there.

Whereabouts is that?

I'm in Ouston.

I wondered if they were coming from Walkergate Park. They might live there but work in Rainton Park.

Back