Geese.

Morning all,

Has anyone noticed the absolute magnificent sight of late of flocks of geese heading South down our coast line.
I stand on the Juliet on a morning brushing my teeth and watch them pass by in their droves.

My question is this , are they leaving The Uk and heading South to warmer climates or are they coming here for the winter from further North?

Thanks .

They come here for winter mostly - usually from places like Greenland or Iceland.

Norfolk Broads gets loads of them but so will any other wetland or farmland.

Morning all,

Has anyone noticed the absolute magnificent sight of late of flocks of geese heading South down our coast line.
I stand on the Juliet on a morning brushing my teeth and watch them pass by in their droves.

My question is this , are they leaving The Uk and heading South to warmer climates or are they coming here for the winter from further North?

Thanks .

There’s a pond in the field to the side of my house which has been home to several dozen geese for the past month or so. Lovely to see them circling around before landing.
And the sound they make is t annoying despite being quite loud.

Morning all,

Thanks .

All going to be turned into Canada goose jackets ….

Well worth a quick gander.
On a more serious note first camp site I was on here was next to a lake with flamingos, what a spectacle they are when they fly in, like a flying walking stick changing from pink to grey. Noisy bastards mind.

Soft shites.Simple as.
Brexit to blame
Morning all,

Thanks .
Does Juliet not mind?

Last edited:
We don’t want any forrin geese coming over here and breaking our lads arms when that’s our hard working British, no ENGLISH, geese’s jobs.

Up the Geese.

Back