Gears of War 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats the gameplay like on the online matches? as good as before?
It's faster than Gears 3 but without any wall bouncing due to a slight delay after sliding or running. Once you get to grips with the faster play you'll enjoy it but there'll be a period where you think it doesn't feel right.

The maps are fairly good but a couple feel a little to flat and wide open. Impact is my favourite map by a long way.

The only way I can explain the gameplay is Gears 2 guns and atmosphere mixed with Gears 3 movement (apart from wallbounce) and a little helping of Judgment in that it's fairly easy to pick up and play.

Just practice I'm afraid. Try Arms Race to start finding your aim with each weapon. I'd recommend only playing game modes where you respawn until you're comfortable cause in the single life game modes you'll spend all your time watching the rest of the team play while you're dead.

Just practice I'm afraid. Try Arms Race to start finding your aim with each weapon. I'd recommend only playing game modes where you respawn until you're comfortable cause in the single life game modes you'll spend all your time watching the rest of the team play while you're dead.
Thanks for the advice, think I need to play around with the aim sensitivity as when using the gnasher it's flicking about all over the place...

Thanks for the advice, think I need to play around with the aim sensitivity as when using the gnasher it's flicking about all over the place...
The default is 10,10,10 but it can feel easier if you put it up to 20,20,20. I'm on all 20s at the moment but usually end up on all 30s by the time I get used to it.

Gears games are usually easier the quicker you can move so higher sensitivity and sliding against cover is usually the best way around the map.

The 'gun game' (can't remember the name - Arms Race maybe?) is really fun.
Had a couple of class KOTH games last night. The kills just kept coming.

The 'gun game' (can't remember the name - Arms Race maybe?) is really fun.
Had a couple of class KOTH games last night. The kills just kept coming.
I really like KOTH, probably my favourite Gears game mode. I prefer the less skill based, and more objective based gameplay just for the fact I'm not the greatest Gears player in the world :lol:

I really like KOTH, probably my favourite Gears game mode. I prefer the less skill based, and more objective based gameplay just for the fact I'm not the greatest Gears player in the world :lol:
Yeah, it's my favourite mode too. Can get some huge point and kill totals off it. Arms Race is a nice change of pace though.

Made myself ill yesterday playing it from 08:30 till 13:00, felt dizzy and nauseous.

That was on campaign mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back