Gears of war 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

My brother got himself the same deal so just going to play it once hes done with his....

You could wait for FIFA to come out at Asda, they will probably have the same deal on last year think it was trade in a new game, which will include Gears 3 and get FIFA for £4.99

You could wait for FIFA to come out at Asda, they will probably have the same deal on last year think it was trade in a new game, which will include Gears 3 and get FIFA for £4.99

I think i might do, just hope that I can trade it in because it says 'bundle copy' across the front

Bit boring for me like. All three of them are nigh on identical to each other. Haven't played online like but doubt that would sway me anyway...

Online is canny awful like. The whole of it is based around 2 overpowered weapons, so it get boring quickly. Best off getting shot.

mmmmmick said:
Online is canny awful like. The whole of it is based around 2 overpowered weapons, so it get boring quickly. Best off getting shot.

Online is class! The sawn-off is only overpowered if u don't know how to play against it. Easy to beat if you just keep your distance with the gnasher.

Online is class! The sawn-off is only overpowered if u don't know how to play against it. Easy to beat if you just keep your distance with the gnasher.

Wasnt on about the sawnoff. Sawnoff isnt overpowered at all.

The Retro Lancer and normal Lancer are the overpowered weapons. Retro takes something like 5 rounds to down someone, is effective at all ranges, is more powerful at close range than a shotgun, and has an unstoppable melee charge (as in, no bullets will stop the charge unless you down them).

Normal Lancer can down 5 people without reloading, has no recoil, stupidly quick reload time, stupidly quick fire rate, takes less than a second to down someone with an active.

Both need toning right down. Either that, or the hammerburst and gnasher need empowering to the levels of the previous weapons mentioned.

Either way, online is currently ruled by absolute retards who can't play the game at all, and instead flock around blind firing overpowered assault rifles.

Wasnt on about the sawnoff. Sawnoff isnt overpowered at all.

The Retro Lancer and normal Lancer are the overpowered weapons. Retro takes something like 5 rounds to down someone, is effective at all ranges, is more powerful at close range than a shotgun, and has an unstoppable melee charge (as in, no bullets will stop the charge unless you down them).

Normal Lancer can down 5 people without reloading, has no recoil, stupidly quick reload time, stupidly quick fire rate, takes less than a second to down someone with an active.

Both need toning right down. Either that, or the hammerburst and gnasher need empowering to the levels of the previous weapons mentioned.

Either way, online is currently ruled by absolute retards who can't play the game at all, and instead flock around blind firing overpowered assault rifles.

It sounds as though you want to continue playing Gears 2. Just put that disc in instead marra it'll save you the heartache.

The guns are very well balanced if you know how to defend and use cover. In fact the Hammerburst is easily the most effective rifle at either long or short range.

I need f***ing help on this, the first few matches I had I did well against the noobs but now im getting owned big time the higher the level I get.:oops: I do like it though, makes a change from COD. Its very team based, which I like, but i could do with getting in a squad so if you see me on hoy us an invite!;)

I need f***ing help on this, the first few matches I had I did well against the noobs but now im getting owned big time the higher the level I get.:oops: I do like it though, makes a change from COD. Its very team based, which I like, but i could do with getting in a squad so if you see me on hoy us an invite!;)

Not started playing online yet but I will probably be in the same boat as you

add me (jonftm73) and just jump in my party or match if you see me online in gears. i'm not great but i can more than hold my own in the game.

Its just like any other game really, strength in numbers but the key thing is to get the high ground. There's no other console game that requires you to use that strategy as the focal point even in regular tdm.

Massive bump. I just got deranked and lost all of my stuff and apparently there's nothing I can do about it. Wounded.

Are there many of you lads still playing gears? I love the GOW series, I never played this one much as all of my mates play COD and reckon gears is crap.

Unlucky. What rank were you?

About 144. Was working towards re-upping a second time. There's a huge thread on the GoW forum - there's nothing you can do and Epic don't acknowledge it. It's pretty f***ing crappy how it happens - your stuff just gets wiped like that.

Apparently you're meant to back up the player data but when I try it says that the system file can't be copied.

Ah well, I'll just have to give up on getting 100% achievements now.

About 144. Was working towards re-upping a second time. There's a huge thread on the GoW forum - there's nothing you can do and Epic don't acknowledge it. It's pretty f***ing crappy how it happens - your stuff just gets wiped like that.

Apparently you're meant to back up the player data but when I try it says that the system file can't be copied.

Ah well, I'll just have to give up on getting 100% achievements now.

Thats canny shite. I'm 297 at the moment.

To back up you need to start the game, select the cloud, play a game, let it save when you back out of the lobby. Then shut the game down, start it back up, select your usual save location, then play another game. Back out to the lobby and it'll have created a save point that you can always revert to if you get reset.

Thats canny shite. I'm 297 at the moment.

To back up you need to start the game, select the cloud, play a game, let it save when you back out of the lobby. Then shut the game down, start it back up, select your usual save location, then play another game. Back out to the lobby and it'll have created a save point that you can always revert to if you get reset.

Cheers. Back up to level 40 after a few games so I'll have to see how it goes.

never played the online stuff but and i still havent picked this up properly, worth a shot then? can't be arsed with goingback to ac3 bored of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back