Gateshead

Weird that mags would go and watch them in Newcastle colours like, although they’ve been spotted at plenty of our games doing the same!

Can't understand this either, overheard a couple of mags wearing their scum tops at the grand national at the weekend and they were having a discussion about how many more of their fans wear their tops on holiday than Sunderland fans do. I suppose they've invented the home top cup so they can get into Europe that way.

Aye, said this on another thread he’s a very good coach.

Not sure he’d ever be accepted here mind.

I have said for awhile that Stockport manager, Challinor has done remarkable.
Got Hartlepool into the Football league, then went to Stockport and did the same.
Then got Stockport up again scoring loads of goals, scored 8 in one game.
Only a matter of time before he goes to a Championship club.

Do Gateshead generally have a lot of mags that go and watch them like? I know a fair few would have went to our pre season game though, I don’t doubt that.

Been to a few games, and seen them at Wembley twice, ( with tynevalleyblackcat). Seen a few lads a know are sunderland who are in normal everyday cloths and never seen anyone in a sunderland top... but seen plenty wearing barcode gear.. its cringworthy.

I wonder what they sing about ?
“Gateshead is a s*** hole, I call it my home”, “we’re just a stop on the metro” and “we’ve got a Tesco on our High Street “ are 3 that spring to mind. The only anti other team I’ve heard them sing about when I’ve been there is Blyth.
Well I have dropped them off before and there was plenty of Newcastle tops about
Like I said in a previous post the mags that do go are kitted out in bar code tops whereas most neutrals like Sunderland fans dress normally.
I never considered them a real club. They play at that weird stadium with no atmosphere.

I consider South Shields to be more important.
The match day experience at Shields is better but to be fair to the Gateshead fans they have a group that sing for 90 minutes and create a decent atmosphere in that main stand.
Been to a few games, and seen them at Wembley twice, ( with tynevalleyblackcat). Seen a few lads a know are sunderland who are in normal everyday cloths and never seen anyone in a sunderland top... but seen plenty wearing barcode gear.. its cringworthy.
Pretty much what I’ve witnessed marra. I think it’s their everyday attire.

Last edited:
I went to see them at Wembley in the play offs with another NUFC fan.
We were both living in the South East at the time.
Not sure if I could be bothered to travel down from Northumberland this season.

In 70s 80s 90s the ghead safc branch took full 50 seater buses away most games starting at central club on high street fact . It was known for the night out on return home stopping off in a town for a night on drink . I was one of them on those buses best away days of my life with lads whom came from bensham . Low fell . Leam lane felling . Swallwell ect ect still lots of us going but most if not all want ghead fc to do well bar if they play us . Everyone new about the ghead away bus those days .

GATESHEAD WAS COUNTY DURHAM.

Ps when ghead got voted out league and goons did not vote alot of ghead lads started going to roker i new many elders who did this as a kid they would not give them over the water time of day . How times have changed look at them now mostly ex goons with a few ghead red n whites going
What’s those places like now for lads fans, the likes of Felling and Leam Lane because I remember back then there seemed to be a few went to college through Newcastle with a couple.
Are there still many?

100% mags fuck em we chance to draw them in league cup if they come up!
Yet Sunderland voted to keep them in football league in 1960 or 62? Saudi, or Newcastle as they were known then, voted them out.

They really should not hate us.
T
Said this before on here, but the hardcore Heed fans hate the mags more than we do.
They must know their history.

Last edited:
I’ve never really been tempted or wanted to attend a Gateshead match. I find calling themselves the “heed” is as cringey as mags calling themselves “toon” and always associated them more with Newcastle.

Weird that mags would go and watch them in Newcastle colours like, although they’ve been spotted at plenty of our games doing the same!
The mags attend a lot of weird things wearing their black and white shirts though so nothing surprising about that.

What’s those places like now for lads fans, the likes of Felling and Leam Lane because I remember back then there seemed to be a few went to college through Newcastle with a couple.
Are there still many?

Still a good few flying the flag in Felling and Leam Lane etc, often see someone in sunderland kit, stickers on cars in park cars or parked up (i live nearby and run/travel through daily) but then again we don't constantly we footy attire as we have work or school to attend wink 😉

There is a lad every match day near heworth metro in his full gear in front garden most the day flying the flag and giving it back to the ones thay grief him when passing! Always give a "Ha'way the lads" and thumb up when I pass! Haha

Are there still many?
Still lots going heworth lots on metros to sland . MIni bus from swalwell . Blaydon .to howard every home game . Felling wardley leam lane lads on metro i know most of them .bri from bensham ect so still here .
Are there still many?

I have said for awhile that Stockport manager, Challinor has done remarkable.
Got Hartlepool into the Football league, then went to Stockport and did the same.
Then got Stockport up again scoring loads of goals, scored 8 in one game.
Only a matter of time before he goes to a Championship club.

Back