Gateshead council

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was backed up to the roundabout yesterday afternoon so this morning should be pretty bad
It was. Had the Felling Bypass at a standstill as a knock on effect as well. Down to a single lanes all over the place approaching the Tyne Bridge.

No sign of any workmen of course :lol:

Just came in this morning by busfrom Low Fell and it took 45 minutes. Buses are struggling to get through the traffic as the bus lanes are being used. Cyclists can’t use the flyover yet as it’s blocked off. Complete chaos. These moves will kill off city centres.

It's all stupid but why is it only one lane after the felling bypass roundabout and past the end of flyover?

They've coned off everywhere that they're going to put cycle lanes, don't worry though, they plan to be finished by September ...

They've coned off everywhere that they're going to put cycle lanes, don't worry though, they plan to be finished by September ...

3 lanes for cycles though!
I live in Low Fell so will just make me not go to Newcastle wherever possible.

Anyone effected this morning? Apparently the majority of roads leading to the Tyne Bridge were gridlocked by 07:30.
Aye. Askew Road backed up to the Redheugh roundabout. This is while the schools and universities are shut. Will be a tailback to the A1 in normal times.

Have you considered cycling? That's only a 20 min ride into the city centre.

If I was going into city centre I would usually walk if weather is ok. Most of my trips to Newcastle or through newcastle via central motorway are for jobs though and as I am a cameraman I need car to transport kit.

If I was going into city centre I would usually walk if weather is ok. Most of my trips to Newcastle or through newcastle via central motorway are for jobs though and as I am a cameraman I need car to transport kit.

Fair enough! Get yourself a cargobike and bypass all of the traffic in future. ;)

Gateshead council have always hated drivers. The small towns around Gateshead are often nightmares to travel through too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back