Gascoigne on ITV4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive mental health issues that nobody diagnosed when he was younger, add to that an insane amount of money and you have an accident waiting to happen. I suspect had he ended up at Man United rather than with Venables at Spurs things would have ended very differently as Fergie would have sorted him rather than let him run riot.

I can't disagree with a word of that, assuming your assertion is true.

However, to me it's relatively simple - can someone control their behaviour or not?

If they can, fine - if they can't then they should be sectioned.

I can't disagree with a word of that, assuming your assertion is true.

However, to me it's relatively simple - can someone control their behaviour or not?

If they can, fine - if they can't then they should be sectioned.
Which Gazza has been sectioned

Myself I just need to be stronger stead of going out with doubtful
Women & they messing with mind

Which Gazza has been sectioned

Myself I just need to be stronger stead of going out with doubtful
Women & they messing with mind

Not for long enough!

I should have added 'until cured' in my original post.

My point, certainly, wasn't aimed at yourself (or, specifically anyone else) but was just my thoughts on the subject.

What relevance was the fact that the idiot, who tried to bomb the tube, suffers from autism have to do with anything?

He, clearly, shouldn't have been free to walk the streets!

Not for long enough!

I should have added 'until cured' in my original post.

My point, certainly, wasn't aimed at yourself (or, specifically anyone else) but was just my thoughts on the subject.

What relevance was the fact that the idiot, who tried to bomb the tube, suffers from autism have to do with anything?

He, clearly, shouldn't have been free to walk the streets!

You want to see some of things I've done when mortalled

Like typing on here :oops:

Is that a medical fact or is he just a typical NE bloke who enjoys a drink but has endless opportunity and funds together with a lack of self control?

Unless you have proof that he has a diagnosed medical condition you're doing exactly the same as anyone else who's passing judgement without the full facts.
You're demanding I provide you with proof - ideally a medical certificate - that Paul Gascoigne is an alcoholic?

:eek:

What a stupid statement.

You're demanding I provide you with proof - ideally a medical certificate - that Paul Gascoigne is an alcoholic?

:eek:

What a stupid statement.
His solicitor under oath stated that gazza was taking strong phsyciatric medication but that still wasn't enough to convince rivs that he had mental health issues. Wasting your time mate.

His solicitor under oath stated that gazza was taking strong phsyciatric medication but that still wasn't enough to convince rivs that he had mental health issues. Wasting your time mate.
Am sure there's masses of alcoholics without a medical diagnosis

Where on earth did I do that*, what a ridiculous thing to say.

You were stating that '....it's probably best not to pass judgement,' without having the full facts.

Which is exactly what you're doing ....... it's opinions and guesswork, which I'm quite happy to admit on my part.

*"Is that a medical fact or is he just a typical NE bloke who enjoys a drink but has endless opportunity and funds together with a lack of self control?

Unless you have proof that he has a diagnosed medical condition you're doing exactly the same as anyone else who's passing judgement without the full facts".

Another Sunday, another thread and another first post concerning me ...... must be about a dozen in a row for you now, it's beyond weird :oops:

He wasn't crying for his team mates, his country or the supporters ..... he was crying for 'Gazza' which seems to be his default setting.

Stop being so bloody defensive man ;)

No but drinking a lot is.

I drink more than I probably should because I enjoy it, have plenty of money and like the social aspect.

But I have self control plus a respect for money and how I can use it to benefit my family.

Who of us, on here, can say it's impossible that Gascoigne is just a daft lad who likes to drink but has little self control, endless funds and people who'll always apologise for him and tell him it's not his fault, no matter what he does. It's my contention that those who laugh at his stupid antics, call him 'Gazza' as if he's 9 year old and always find a way to shrug off the wife beating, drunken loutish behaviour, etc, share some of the blame. Laughing at his idiotic belching and endless tongue poking has just vindicated his stupidity which he's then repeated for the crowd.

It's so easy to blame his dad, his mates and his wife but I think people should look at themselves and ponder whether they've helped him along the way.

He's acutely depressed man, drink, hangover, drink. He doesn't drink because he enjoys it, he does it because it takes the edge off life. Can't believe how many on here think he's just having a laugh. He's tormented 24/7. Depression/mental illness.

He's acutely depressed man, drink, hangover, drink. He doesn't drink because he enjoys it, he does it because it takes the edge off life.

Can't believe how many on here think he's just having a laugh. He's tormented 24/7. Depression/mental illness.

By the sound of it you appear to know him personally which is fair enough.

I'm not sure, though, why he needs to 'take the edge off life' ....... he lived his dream of being a top player for his country and is rich enough never to work again.

He has limitless free time to travel, see the world and has the goodwill of thousands of people.

But, as I've said, you seem to know him so I'll take your word he's tormented every minute of the day.

Oh .... you forgot the cocaine abuse btw.

Last edited:
By the sound of it you appear to know him personally which is fair enough, I

I'm not sure, though, why he needs to 'take the edge off life' ....... he lived his dream of being a top player for his country and is rich enough never to work again.

He has limitless free time to travel, see the world and has the goodwill of thousands of people.

But, as I've said, you seem to know him so I'll take your word he's tormented every minute of the day.

Oh .... you forgot the cocaine abuse btw.
You obviously have no idea whatsoever about mental illness do you, not a clue.
Mental illness can hit anybody regardless of how rich or successful they are. To suggest he doesn't need to take the edge off life because he has enough money to never have to work again really does show up your ignorance.

You obviously have no idea whatsoever about mental illness do you, not a clue.
Mental illness can hit anybody regardless of how rich or successful they are. To suggest he doesn't need to take the edge off life because he has enough money to never have to work again really does show up your ignorance.

I wasn't talking to you and neither is anyone else by the look of it ....... go away you stupid man.

I'll respond to @Bielefelder , if he returns, but not to you.

I wasn't talking to you and neither is anyone else by the look of it ....... go away you stupid man.

I'll respond to @Bielefelder , if he returns, but not to you.
I don't care who you're talking to you are once again spouting a load of utter nonsense and I'll continue to pull you up. Your ignorance on mental illness is staggering it really is and you really are showing yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back