BBC Gareth McAuley doubts wisdom of Kyle Lafferty's Sunderland move

No doubt he puts it in on the park, most supporters of the clubs he has been at are big fans of his. Would like to think he will knuckle down and stop being a liability off the park as well but history suggests he won’t. As I say it’s a big risk.
Short term risk though marra, if he's anything short of magnificent, he's gone in the summer. Plus it wouldn't be catastrophic if he had to be frozen out for being a prick.

It'd be more our style for him to be excellent over a few games, then reward him with a 4 year contract on the back of it.

Not everybody is the same, some are loud, quiet, hard working, do the bare minimum etc but you get that in every workplace in every walk of life. Lafferty will be alright here.
Do the bare minimum get rid. That's management 101 before the rest are affected seeing you letting him get away with it.

From the Palermo chairman:

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

would have that full quote on me tombstone :lol:

Back