BBC Gareth McAuley doubts wisdom of Kyle Lafferty's Sunderland move

Not everybody is the same, some are loud, quiet, hard working, do the bare minimum etc but you get that in every workplace in every walk of life. Lafferty will be alright here.

Eh?
He's in the same profession and has played with him. Confirming what others have said about his attitude. I think he's qualified to comment.

Swapping one bad apple for another?

Concerning and has history. Can he behave for 4 months though?
Will score winner and then be pictured drunk fighting in the Toon at 3am.

he won't feature much on the pitch anyway unless Wyke gets injured

if he's an arse off it after what happened with McGeady i've faith Parkinson will deal with it

never thought I'd say that :lol:

BBC on the ball again I see, these comments are from 4 days ago

Who the heck does he think he is to offer his thoughts on this? And to feel the need to make those thoughts public!
McAuley writes for The Belfast Telegraph. He talks about football and particularly about Northern Ireland. Seen as Lafferty is a regular in the NI squad and was in the news he was probably asked his opinion. McAuley has played with him at Rangers and Northern Ireland so it was only logical that he would discuss the big news story concerning a current international and teammate.

I think that its a good signing for SAFC with the lad having a bit to prove. It puts pressure on Wyke although nothing seems to put pressure on Grigg who has, so far, stolen a living at SAFC.

Is he supposed to be his mate? Wow. Sounds like a right tit.
McAuley writes for The Belfast Telegraph. He talks about football and particularly about Northern Ireland. Seen as Lafferty is a regular in the NI squad and was in the news he was probably asked his opinion. McAuley has played with him at Rangers and Northern Ireland so it was only logical that he would discuss the big news story concerning a current international and teammate.

He's rather critical don't you think?

Last edited:
I think that its a good signing for SAFC with the lad having a bit to prove. It puts pressure on Wyke although nothing seems to put pressure on Grigg who has, so far, stolen a living at SAFC.
I hope you are right but is a huge risk to bring in someone as disruptive as him when we seem to have a squad pulling in the same direction for once.

he won't feature much on the pitch anyway unless Wyke gets injured

if he's an arse off it after what happened with McGeady i've faith Parkinson will deal with it

never thought I'd say that :lol:

You don't know that? He's probably better than Wyke and he'd struggle to score fewer goals.

From the Palermo chairman:

ā€œHe is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

ā€œHe has two families with six children, he never trains, heā€™s completely off the rails. On the field heā€™s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

ā€œIn terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.ā€
And some people on here were expressing concerns that McGeady might have been upsetting the dressing room !! :eek:

We will soon see how disruptive he is. The only place we want him to be disruptive is in the opposition box.
No doubt he puts it in on the park, most supporters of the clubs he has been at are big fans of his. Would like to think he will knuckle down and stop being a liability off the park as well but history suggests he wonā€™t. As I say itā€™s a big risk.

Back