Gaming PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we may have hit a nerve? :lol: :lol:

Used to be me...but now for a few quid and zero hassle, too easy haha!

sod that, am about to change my cpu for the 3rd time on my x79 board - that would be almost a tenner that i could put towards more chinese tat off ebay

:)

I just used a key off ebay think I paid 4 quid had it running for 4 and a bit years now, I've never updated nowt on my PC tho gear wise :lol:

Another computer novice jumping on this thread!

The son (9) wants a PC for Christmas. He’s asked for a gaming PC but from reading things on this thread that wouldn’t be practical given the cost. He would be looking to play Roblox and Fortnite initially and then web browsing, YouTube and school work. Budget is around £500 and for that I would be needing the full set up. Is this possible?? What would people recommend?
Cheers

The son (9) wants a PC for Christmas. He’s asked for a gaming PC but from reading things on this thread that wouldn’t be practical given the cost. He would be looking to play Roblox and Fortnite initially and then web browsing, YouTube and school work. Budget is around £500 and for that I would be needing the full set up. Is this possible?? What would people recommend?
Cheers

if you're sure on the full setup then consider the following:

the same system less the gubbins (keyboard, mouse, monitor, headset, etc is below - saving £80

If you think hang on i dont need the gubbins or if you think you might have most of it just lying around - spare keyboard & mouse, tv for use instead of a monitor, etc then this 3rd option is very compelling

option 3 gives you a better cpu, better motherboard, better memory, better graphics card - is it £60 better - yes i'd say it is

if you're sure on the full setup then consider the following:

the same system less the gubbins (keyboard, mouse, monitor, headset, etc is below - saving £80

If you think hang on i dont need the gubbins or if you think you might have most of it just lying around - spare keyboard & mouse, tv for use instead of a monitor, etc then this 3rd option is very compelling

option 3 gives you a better cpu, better motherboard, better memory, better graphics card - is it £60 better - yes i'd say it is
Spot on mate thanks for that. Have you used the site before? Note a 3 year warranty as well which seems reasonable.

Spot on mate thanks for that. Have you used the site before? Note a 3 year warranty as well which seems reasonable.

no, i have'nt bought a pre-built in almost 20 years

:)

but as far as pre-builts go its either AWD or CCL to choose from at the moment - especially at the lower price bands
for ex - at CCL

there is this one

this is their equivalent of my option 2 from AWD (but cheaper) - and to be honest, i think i like it more - i think the rx570 8gb is better than the gtx 1650 4gb, but dont want to start an AMD / Nvidia bitchfest

Last edited:

Cheers
If it's just entry level gaming like the games you mentioned go for integrated graphics imo

Something like this will be good enough, I would stick 16 Gb of ram at 3200mhz in it though, will leave you around £200 to get a decent monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse and some more storage.

Last edited:
if its not till xmas hold off till black friday

going off advice given in other related threads posted on here take most of the advice with a pinch of salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back