Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not really "pelters" - its just saying "yes, its great fun, but its a bit daft" Which is about right.
I think people just need to go with tbh. The reason for reducing the number of episodes was to pick the pace up and make it more action packed. I don't think anyone can argue that that's what's happened.

I think people just need to go with tbh. The reason for reducing the number of episodes was to pick the pace up and make it more action packed. I don't think anyone can argue that that's what's happened.
The thing is, nobody was asking for the pace to be picked up. I wanted the full story.

The thing is, nobody was asking for the pace to be picked up. I wanted the full story.

I'd have happily waited a bit longer for another episode, but you'll never please everyone.
It's still been arguably one of the greatest TV shows of my lifetime - and yes I've read the books

I'm only messing man, it just makes me laugh that on any GoT TV thread they always have to refer back to the books. I would probably do exactly the same if i had read them.
I only finished reading the books earlier this year, it took me 2 years on and off. I was the same as you and thought it was funny when things were getting changed at people were kicking off. I'm not much of a reader and didn't think I would get through them, our lass bought me the first one. I'm really pleased I read them now though as I could visualise what was going on after watching the TV show. If anyone asks is it worth reading them I would say yes definitely. I just hope that he finishes the bastards now after putting all those hours in.

Ned turned up at a random tower, found his sister in a random tower (The tower of Joy) giving birth, it's fairly obvious the kid is Jon and therefore obviously not Ned's. If you'd only watched the show that wouldn't confirm he was the son of Rhaegar considering he'd barely been mentioned if it all previously. Obviously it was confirmation to those who were already aware of the theory. To someone who just watches the show and doesn't spend their days looking up theories not a chance they'd know the crack.

No idea how people cope with just the show like

Without the books and the masses of content on YouTube and Reddit I'd be lost for things like Jon's parents

Without the books and the masses of content on YouTube and Reddit I'd be lost for things like Jon's parents
I gave up half way through the 2nd book, it was literally sending me to sleep - audio book in the car - nearly had a couple of nasty crashes.

I'm sure plenty of Doctor who fans need to back and research when he last encountered a certain species. Star Wars has become disjointed chronologically and people probably need reminders of when events took place. There's also plenty of back story that's never been in the films.

I just hope that he finishes the bastards now after putting all those hours in.

If he finishes them I'll be astonished. I heard he's already speaking to another author he's worked with about "this is the general idea - you can finish it" sort of deal.

I'm sure plenty of Doctor who fans need to back and research when he last encountered a certain species. Star Wars has become disjointed chronologically and people probably need reminders of when events took place. There's also plenty of back story that's never been in the films.

My mate's knowledge of the workings and politics of Star Wars is alarming - and in the main - pretty useless. Unless he went on Mastermind.

If he finishes them I'll be astonished. I heard he's already speaking to another author he's worked with about "this is the general idea - you can finish it" sort of deal.
I just hope they're done and have been held back so that the HBO get the big reveal on the ending.

My mate's knowledge of the workings and politics of Star Wars is alarming - and in the main - pretty useless. Unless he went on Mastermind.
Give them to Brandon Sanderson and they'll be finished by Christmas.

That was just something that somebody thought they had picked up from the opening credit sequence - to be honest, I've watched it since and I don't think it's the case like. And surely if a little lake is enough to hold the Night King back, then I doubt there's much chance of them marching across the sea.
Was it? I thought it was mentioned in the show! Shows how blurred things become!

Whee?

While I can see the final ending of the books and TV show being the same, the books went off at a tangent some time ago
He's an author who writes quickly and releases books in quick succession, he published three books, an anthology, and a graphic novel last year.

Would be canny boring episode if
It was just of a raven flying for 24 hrs like
I'm not saying they should show the journey, but if it took longer (which it must unless the raven had a jet engine) then there is no way they could have survived whilst waiting for rescue.

You must do some driving marra.
When I was driving from Peterlee to Prudhoe, I enjoyed having audiobooks on. But that 2nd book was dreadful.

I honestly fell alseep a couple of times and scared th shit out of myself and gave up on the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back