Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reread the books the other year(aye I knar) and grrm goes into too much detail about him looking nowt like a Lannister with his white hair and been an ugly little fucker, plus the kings liking tywins wife and and disliking Tywyn.
Which probably explains why tywin was horrible to him but kept quiet about the true parentage to save face and not damage the Lannister name

When I originally finished reading dance of the dragons I had nee idea about him been a targareon and was pissed off that he'd actually been killed off :lol: then I went on some westeros site on the Internet... :lol:

Wait, you RE- read all the books?

Bugger me mate come one over to my gaff I've got some grass out the back you can watch grow.

What on earth are the Daily Express doing writing about Game of Thrones?! Surely their readership won't have a clue what its' about!

Biggest winter in history about to happen man.

Martin has talked about the ignorance of people in power throughout history and how bigger issues pass them by as they look after themselves. He's also compared to Trump to Joffrey. :lol:

There are also themes of:

- strong female characters = Mary Magdalene = JESUS CHRIST.
- rebirth as in the lad who came back to life x6 times = JESUS CHRIST.
- a saviour from the East = Daenerys (sp?) = JESUS CHRIST.

The long winter and Ice Wall could be a reference to the pre-Christian pagan era although I would dispute this as there were civilisations in the pre-Christian era that didn't commit the same level of atrocities.

There are also themes of:

- strong female characters = Mary Magdalene = JESUS CHRIST.
- rebirth as in the lad who came back to life x6 times = JESUS CHRIST.
- a saviour from the East = Daenerys (sp?) = JESUS CHRIST.

The long winter and Ice Wall could be a reference to the pre-Christian pagan era although I would dispute this as there were civilisations in the pre-Christian era that didn't commit the same level of atrocities.
Despite all the religious and historical links throughout the books, the biggest thing that surprised me was, how does a bloke from New Jersey know about pease pudding? I've met people from Leeds who don't know what pease pudding is.

I 100% agree with that the two themes I've taken the most from the books is climate change and anti-war

i used to think with the white walkers was that it was them who built the wall and it was man who started the war on them (although this has kind of been disproved by the show)

:lol: I love how some people manage to put 2 and 2 together and get 5,674.

Despite all the religious and historical links throughout the books, the biggest thing that surprised me was, how does a bloke from New Jersey know about pease pudding? I've met people from Leeds who don't know what pease pudding is.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/game-thrones-writer-inspired-hadrians-7214397

In an interview with American magazine Rolling Stone, George RR Martin said it was the Northumberland landmark which first got him thinking about the plot and inspired The Wall, an integral part of the series.

Martin said “The Wall predates anything else. I can trace back the inspiration for that to 1981. I was in England visiting a friend, and as we approached the border of England and Scotland, we stopped to see Hadrian’s Wall. I stood up there and I tried to imagine what it was like to be a Roman legionary, standing on this wall, looking at these distant hills.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/game-thrones-writer-inspired-hadrians-7214397

In an interview with American magazine Rolling Stone, George RR Martin said it was the Northumberland landmark which first got him thinking about the plot and inspired The Wall, an integral part of the series.

Martin said “The Wall predates anything else. I can trace back the inspiration for that to 1981. I was in England visiting a friend, and as we approached the border of England and Scotland, we stopped to see Hadrian’s Wall. I stood up there and I tried to imagine what it was like to be a Roman legionary, standing on this wall, looking at these distant hills.
The fat bassa has been on the ham pease pudding stotties.

Give them to James L Patterson and he'll knock them out by tea time.
:lol:

Read an interview with him a few a years back, he just writes a sentence a chapter and pays minor writers to finish them these days. When you see "James Patterson and [another writer]" on the cover they've already written several books for him without credit.

He tried to pull my auntie in the Bigg Market but she hoyed her guts ower him as a repellant. True story.
Bet it improved the smell of him. He looks like he stinks.

Last edited:
Outstanding. Even grasping his neck-vag
Hands are too big!

:lol:

Read an interview with him a few a years back, he just writes a sentence a chapter and pays minor writers to finish them these days. When you see "James Patterson and [another writer]" on the cover they've already written several books for him without credit.

Bet it improved the smell of him. He looks like he stinks.

Aye I read his first couple that were made into Morgan Freeman fillums and they were canny for a beach read.

Came across a couple more on holiday where they have a book swap shelf and they were absolutely pitiful. So formulaic and predictable they could have been sixth form A level standard - with no disrespect meant to sixth formers! I notice how he always has cowriters now and wondered if what you said was the case. They get some exposure and he gets some quantity vs quality royalty revenue.

Last edited:
Just read a theory that basically it was all a set up by the Night King to get a dragon. That's why the white walkers hadn't attacked the wall yet, why they didn't try and get at the magnificent 7 when they were at the frozen lake, etc.

Just read a theory that basically it was all a set up by the Night King to get a dragon. That's why the white walkers hadn't attacked the wall yet, why they didn't try and get at the magnificent 7 when they were at the frozen lake, etc.
As soon as they knew the ice had reformed they did though.:confused:

Yep. The only issue is they could've done with a few more spears considering the Night King missed with the second throw :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back