Further lockdown needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Mrs Francis at number 5 doing? I've heard she's walked outside to pick a crisp packet off her lawn at 9.43 and she went outside again half an hour later to get something out of her car.

Hopefully someone has glared out of their window in the direction of no.5

Even if they go back in September I honestly think it will lead to a mental breakdown of some parents all this. Wont be able to cope with this daily routine day after day for 5 months
I’ve had to complain to the school about the amount of full on one-on-one attention type work they’ve sent home. We are both working full time (my wife is WFH in the mornings and forced into the office for the afternoons and I am WFH full time) in finance for organisations with 31 March year ends.

Give us worksheets, games and videos that we can set up in 10min bursts, not stuff that actually needs us to sit with the kids while they do it. I spent an hour away from my work computer going through the list of 50 sums we were given with my 6 year old and she only got about a third of the way through. It means when I do finish work (I’ve been doing 7-3) we can’t really do anything fun because we then need to get back into the school work. I’ll also need to work longer hours than 7-3 at the end of this month/start of next when I’m trying to meet my year end deadlines - it’s the calm before the storm at the moment.

Last edited:
Just watching Dr Gawande, he us an expert on pandemics, asked about the UK, He said I am extremely worried, partial restrictions do not work, the UK is facing a huge amount of deaths simply because they haven't instilled an absolute lockdown. It will not work.

I'm not sure what the release will actually be though tbh. I very much doubt pubs,cinemas any type of leisure facility will be allowed to open for say a week then shut back down for a month

Until they find an effective treatment then places like that will just not open up

Last edited:
Just watching Dr Gawande, he us an expert on pandemics, asked about the UK, He said I am extremely worried, partial restrictions do not work, the UK is facing a huge amount of deaths simply because they haven't instilled an absolute lockdown. It will not work.
There seems to be a few differences in opinion. I suppose we won't know who's right until it's over. Someone will either be hailed a hero or be facing the mother of all shit storms.

Pretty obvious it's going to be for the rest of the year like just that no one wants to be the one to say it
Said it to the funspoiler for a few weeks, this whole year is now a write off. Week down ilfracombe booked late August, won’t happen.

Said it to the funspoiler for a few weeks, this whole year is now a write off. Week down ilfracombe booked late August, won’t happen.
Be amazed if I get out of my part of Leeds for the next 12 months. Starting to hit home that I might not see my grandparents, aunties, uncles again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back