Further lockdown needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just in Sunderland alone there are thousands of people at work, food shops are open not just supermarkets, people have hospital appointments, taxis. People will also have caring responsibilities, I have today 2 trips to work, one trip to share my child with the ex, 2 school runs and a trip to supermarket as well. Thats off 1 person.

There is no way that can keep them closed past September.

None of my classes are doing the work set. I dread to think how far they are behind come September.

unless a miracle happens are they really going to let thousands of staff back into work and can social distancing really work in schools. I work in a college and know we have to be prepared to maybe wait past September.

Probs getting the barbecue gear in for the weekend.Im going down Aldi to get one on the way home from work.
The itinerary for the weekend is barbecue ,cans,domino’s,monopoly and that for the bairns.
I think as long as it's only those who are living in the house at a BBQ there is nothing wrong with having one, it might be a way of forgetting all the World's current problems with virus.

It's going to be windy though, so maybe not the best BBQ weather.

Last edited:
People breaking their arms to pat themselves on the back at how good they've been in lockdown. "Haven't left my front door in 3 weeks and see people walking past everyday, it's a disgrace" etc.

That's just it. I wouldn't mind but it's not really about voicing concerns about others. The motivation comes from wanting to be applauded for self isolating.

I live on quite a main road, for the first few days of the lockdown the road quietened a lot but it has slowly got back up to the point where it’s just as busy as a normal day.
Unless there is a total lockdown which includes non essential factory work etc stopped nothing will drastically change. I leave the house 3 days a week for work (non essential but still open so have to go) and it’s just like a normal day traffic wise bar the school traffic.

On the other side we go for a walk with the kids on an evening and everyone sticks to the social distancing and I haven’t seen groups of kids about since all this happened so it seems to be working in that sense.

Within 5 houses of ours either side and across the road I know of 4 definitely that aren't obeying the lockdown rules. That's just the ones I'm absolutely sure of.
House 1 other family coming and going
House 2 grandparents turning up to pick up grandkids daily
House 3 daughter dropping dogs off to be watched but disappears into the house for an hour.
House 4 lad going out in car with his mates everyday.
This is within 50m ffs
Apply this to every street in every town in the country and its millions and millions of people.

Last edited:
Anyone see This Morning today. Some bint in Cheshire has her whole street out doing “social dancing” as a means of exercise. There must have been 30 or 40 of them and whilst most may have been a couple of metres apart, others were walking past them to get faces on camera and fund a space.
In my view this isn’t social distancing and goes against the guidelines of no more than 2=people being out together.
Instead of calling her out for it , ITV were actually applauding her and publicising it

I may be in the minority but I do think that it is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back