Further lockdown needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmy

Striker
After yesterday deaths I hope we get further lockdown measures. Us and the USA are accelerating at a alarming rate. Easter weekend next week is going be a rite shit fest if the weather picks up like predicted. Can you imagine how many people go out good Friday. Scary thought. The government are full of shit.

After yesterday deaths I hope we get further lockdown measures. Us and the USA are accelerating at a alarming rate. Easter weekend next week is going be a rite shit fest if the weather picks up like predicted. Can you imagine how many people go out good Friday. Scary thought. The government are full of shit.

I think following further government guidelines that construction companies are planning to open back!

Decided what your doing about graft?If you just stop off on your own back will you not have to live on SSP?Everyones mentally tired with this all ,we will be closing down for a fortnight (bar one lad)on Friday as I’m pissing against the wind trying to keep lads busy.

Believe the majority of people have got the message, the main worry is public transport for me, people actually travelling to work and back.
Yesterday on my walk in SR6 a few young lads riding bikes ignoring all the rules, grouped together clearly all mates, saying fuck it.
But in general people are great now, both exercising and in the shops.
I doubt very much the government will close the country down, it’s not there policy to have zero transmissions , they need people to be infected and recover at a slow rate.

Decided what your doing about graft?If you just stop off on your own back will you not have to live on SSP?Everyones mentally tired with this all ,we will be closing down for a fortnight (bar one lad)on Friday as I’m pissing against the wind trying to keep lads busy.

Only in today as working from home tomorrow then see wat happens over weekend. Got 3 days in next week then 11 days off.

Currently reaping the government's policy of allowing the likes of Cheltenham, and other events to go ahead. This and their original lack of social distancing clarity....

In hindsight it was a disgrace that Cheltenham was allowed to go ahead.

What’s people’s predictions on next weeks review? Extension coming obviously but how long?

Extension to the end of April. Some restrictions lifted in May. Normality is still a long way off

The current deaths are effectively the result of that final weekend before lockdown, the Cheltenham effect if you will.

You'll have to wait another week or so to see the impact of the lockdown on death count.
A bit of positivity. Slightly. I’m holding onto it.

Wonder what not being locked down looks like though? The relaxation can’t be all pubs etc reopened, sporting events restarted surely, cos then it would simply start again.

I honestly think the schools in some areas will be back after May half term.

You reckon mate? I reckon they are done till Sept. I do reckon you will see some sports back (albeit behind closed doors) in May. I can see them making a big thing of the Derby in June.
Wonder what not being locked down looks like though? The relaxation can’t be all pubs etc reopened, sporting events restarted surely, cos then it would simply start again.

Imo, they will open non essential shops and allow people to move around more - albeit subject to social distancing. Pubs won’t reopen until July at the earliest.

Sport will make an appearance, but behind closed doors. We might be able to start attending again in late July/early August.

Those that can work from home, will continue to do so until mid Summer to reduce the impact on the roads/public transport

Last edited:
Forgetting foreign travel. will we be able to even go for breaks away in this country by end of July🤞🤞 few people on here must have some booked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back