Furlough extended till September.

@look out piano . Sorry if I've tagged the wrong person but possible good news for you if I've got the right person.
Gerrin, aye I'm furloughed still and I'm happy it takes the pressure off (and I'll not have to claim UC for a bit).......well that depends, if they make my company contribute they'll just finish me xx

SEB and Sky are now saying until the end of September.

Sort of SEB. Different forum šŸ˜‰
Gerrin, aye I'm furloughed still and I'm happy it takes the pressure off (and I'll not have to claim UC for a bit).......well that depends, if they make my company contribute they'll just finish me xx
If it makes you feel any better we found claiming UC pretty easy. They must be inundated with claims as they haven't even contacted us they've just paid us (as I'm working it's not much but every little helps).

Last edited:
Sort of SEB. Different forum šŸ˜‰

If it makes you feel any better we found claiming UC pretty easy. They must be inundated with claims as they haven't even contacted us they've just paid us (as I'm working it's not much but every little helps).
If it keeps going in its entirety until the end of june - cool, it gives me a few more months to save bits and bobs so I'm not left with fuck all for 5 weeks (until the UC is paid). My job isn't there anymore, they just took me back on as a favour to me to refurlough me so I could get through the winter without too much stress etc.

If it keeps going in its entirety until the end of june - cool, it gives me a few more months to save bits and bobs so I'm not left with fuck all for 5 weeks (until the UC is paid). My job isn't there anymore, they just took me back on as a favour to me to refurlough me so I could get through the winter without too much stress etc.
Fair play, they didnā€™t have to do that.

Social media awash with numpties claiming itā€™s ā€œproof that lockdown will continue until Septemberā€. Because places can obviously open and carry on where they left off like nowt happened, whether itā€™s June or a bit later
It does make you wonder though. Though SURELY it canā€™t go on longer than that? My fear is SAGE and top honchoā€™s in the NHS will be itching for more restrictions in the autumn, but that would be ridiculously expensive.

Yeah. I'd imagine the 5 week gap is a killer. Like I said I'm working and my Mrs was sure we wouldn't qualify for anything but I saw an article in the Metro promoting some some charity that works out if you are entitled to anything and when I put our details in it said we would get about Ā£200. Better than nowt. She was worried they'd be hassling her all the time about going for jobs etc, she would love to find something else and feels she would benefit from help with her CV, but the only contact we've had is an email saying we weren't entitled to any help with our housing costs (didn't expect any).

Makes sense to extend even after lockdown finishes. Gives companies time to slowly start trading again and hopefully by time September does come they are in a strong position. I've noticed it goes down to 60/20 split though in August.

Makes sense to extend even after lockdown finishes. Gives companies time to slowly start trading again and hopefully by time September does come they are in a strong position. I've noticed it goes down to 60/20 split though in August.
That's when I'll be finished then, as soon as they need to start contributing I'm gone.

So it could be that the Tories want to avoid the avalanche of job losses, and instead redundancies will steadily increase rather than come with a Big Bang. Thatā€™s the optimistic way of looking at I guess.

Social media awash with numpties claiming itā€™s ā€œproof that lockdown will continue until Septemberā€. Because places can obviously open and carry on where they left off like nowt happened, whether itā€™s June or a bit later
There will be lots of business not running on full staffing even if after lockdown.
Mine for a start. I can't imagine any airline running at full capacity, so a need to keep lots of cabin crew on furlough, plus the thousands and thousands of airport workers from check in to baggage handlers.

Iā€™m currently furloughed (lack of work). Iā€™m a contractor and usually busy all year round but thereā€™s not much starting at the moment so Iā€™m grateful for the scheme.
Out of interest mate - how did you get on to furlough being a contractor. I'm one myself and guessing it could be via the umbrella company? Or through your own limited company?

Yup, hopefully you'll still have a job to go back to. I'm not going to be as fortunate and am going to be pretty much on the scrapheap at 45 tbh.
Hi, try to be a bit more positive, I thought the same after my furlough period ended and I was made redundant at 60. I thought like you that I was on the scrapheap but in January I got a job so there is hope for all of us. So chin up, something will come along. If I can do it you will as well.

Back