Full lockdown now

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the last twist of the knife from the post war generation who have had readily available subsidised housing while they get started, astronomical House price growth, free university educations, fantastic final salary pensions and early retirement. Now they want us to cripple our economy and rack up debts that we, our children and our children's children are going to be paying for so they can eek out a few extra months of life. While we get non of these benefits.

Appreciate that is not the case across the board and some younger people die from it too but protecting the elderly is a massive driver behind all these restrictions and to be honest I'm starting to get fed up with it.
you are getting fed up because the light at the end of the tunnel 6+ weeks ago when we were down to a few hundred new infections a day is vanishing quickly.

The people you need to blame for that is these wankers who WONT social distance (largely those you mention will be hampered for years to come as it happes. The irony eh). NOT older people.

Last edited:

It's the last twist of the knife from the post war generation who have had readily available subsidised housing while they get started, astronomical House price growth, free university educations, fantastic final salary pensions and early retirement. Now they want us to cripple our economy and rack up debts that we, our children and our children's children are going to be paying for so they can eek out a few extra months of life. While we get non of these benefits.

Appreciate that is not the case across the board and some younger people die from it too but protecting the elderly is a massive driver behind all these restrictions and to be honest I'm starting to get fed up with it.

wow :eek:

Aye, a knar. These selfish bastards who were born in a time not of their choosing, accepting good fortune through their lives, and now twisting the metaphorical knife of a disease that was nothing to do with them!?
Who wouldn’t be fed up with them?

Aye, a knar. These selfish bastards who were born in a time not of their choosing, accepting good fortune through their lives, and now twisting the metaphorical knife of a disease that was nothing to do with them!?
Who wouldn’t be fed up with them?

Just look at the age distribution of deaths and the relative reduction in excess deaths since the initial peak. This virus is largely affecting people who would likely die from some other cause inside 12 months.

In an ideal world we could do something to ensure people get every chance of living to their maximum age, but by that logic we should throw or national economy at finding cancer cures/treatments, or at least banning/more heavily taxing things like tabs, alcohol and fatty foods, all of which kill immeasurably more people each year.

I know it is a bitter and utilitarian pill to swallow but I genuinely think that will be how we look back on our response to this when the real economic impacts begin to bite.

Jesus. H. Christ.

You're a bit fed up so it's time for people to be left to die?

Apologies for making you feel fed up but I'm only 45 and I'm not ready to die yet.

Apologies for making you feel fed up but I'm only 45 and I'm not ready to die yet.

Totally understand, but why should everyone avoid you, whilst crippling the economy, rather than you avoiding everyone else. The government could have made life as comfortable as possible for people in your shoes for a fraction of the cost of the current strategy.

I want my bairn to have a decent future not one where she can't reach her potential because all the money has been spent.

Totally understand, but why should everyone avoid you, whilst crippling the economy, rather than you avoiding everyone else. The government could have made life as comfortable as possible for people in your shoes for a fraction of the cost of the current strategy.

I want my bairn to have a decent future not one where she can't reach her potential because all the money has been spent.
I want
I want
I want

modern Britain eh!

They could have and I still think furlough should have been mandatory for shielding people. They stopped SSP/ESA for shielders at the end of July too. At the moment, if you stop off work because you are clinically vulnerable, you're not entitled to claim a penny of help. I want the best for my bairn too hence going back to work so I can afford to keep a roof over our heads.

They could have and I still think furlough should have been mandatory for shielding people. They stopped SSP/ESA for shielders at the end of July too. At the moment, if you stop off work because you are clinically vulnerable, you're not entitled to claim a penny of help. I want the best for my bairn too hence going back to work so I can afford to keep a roof over our heads.
Yup, mandatory furlough for shielder's / those at high risk should have been the way forward. Now it's coming to the end of furlough there are folks losing their jobs (like me) and folks that should be shielding but are forced to work (like becs).
It's a shit situation, this year has been f***ing abysmal and I'm already worrying about what the future will hold ffs.

I was just reading about The Rabbit closing after someone who’d tested positive went in, and I’m not being funny here, but I’d expect a deadly virus as a bare minimum to make a person physically incapable of going out on the lash. Hmm.

I mean, the last time I had a dose of the flu I was physically incapable of getting out of bed for the best part of a week. I didn’t need to self-isolate or go for a test to tell me that I had said dose of the flu, because the virus just made me completely incapable of interacting with anyone in a public setting, and the not being able to get out of bed part, when I’m normally an active and energetic person made me completely cognisant of the fact I had the flu. The idea of going to a bar and getting drunk was completely out of the question.

I don’t dispute that Covid can well prove lethal for those with serious underlying health issues and those people very much need shielding. For everyone else though? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back