Full English Breakie

I prefer a decent bacon & egg roll these days. only had one full english (or anything close to one) in the last 10 years i reckon, which was after a stay in a hotel (breakfast included)

Full Irish is better,the bread variety makes it imo
A full Irish has the advantage of white pudding as well as black pudding but an Irish sausage is nearly always shit, basically a richmonds paste job. Soda bread is good though and I do like a potato cake.
Anyone who can eat a fry up after a so called “ big session” hasn’t really had a big session at all. After a right old blow out you can hardly eat a grape the next day never mind all that fried gear.
The key to rescuing an awful hangover is eating and drinking plenty as soon as possible, surely only fey ring wearers struggle through the whole day.

Last edited:
A full Irish has the advantage of white pudding as well as black pudding but an Irish sausage is nearly always shit, basically a richmonds paste job. Soda bread is good though and I do like a potato cake.

The key to rescuing an awful hangover is eating and drinking plenty as soon as possible, surely only fey ring wearers struggle through the whole day.

Yeah when my Dad used to make one on Christmas day he always bought good quality ENGLISH bangers.

Scotch breakfast (not two paracetemol) has too much meat imo.Square sausage,bacon,black pudding and haggis.Well the last one I had in Edinburgh was like this

Bagel with avocado, bacon and chilli for Mows this morning. Sets me up nicely for this imminent coastal stroll in hurricane strength winds :(

Been reminiscing over this since a few weeks ago. Lush.

View media item 12408
too poncey for me imo there ,the bread coulda done with being toasted anarl che

Anyone who can eat a fry up after a so called “ big session” hasn’t really had a big session at all. After a right old blow out you can hardly eat a grape the next day never mind all that fried gear.

I've been rough as a dog from sessions in the past iirc there che, couldn't scran for two days or I'd hoy me ring up. The thought of summit greasy like bacon and sausages and eggs would knock me sick. Can't be deein that these days with bairns running about imo there, sorted meself reet out

Last edited:
too poncey for me imo there ,the bread coulda done with being toasted anarl che

I've been rough as a dog from sessions in the past iirc there che, couldn't scran for two days or I'd hoy me ring up. The thought of summit greasy like bacon and sausages and eggs would knock me sick. Can't be deein that these days with bairns running about imo there, sorted meself reet out
Two days is definitely alcohol poisoning not just a bad hangover ( although that’s basically mild poisoning I suppose).

Is it basically a meal designed for the morning after a session?

Was a programme on yday about different cuisines from around the world and 'our' breakie featured (and was derided somewhat) and it was suggested it only lives on largely down to our drinking culture.

Does anyone regularly get amongst said dish to start their day?

(It also mentioned London having most diverse choice of cuisine in the world too tbf).
I think it's more suited to the morning before a session. Sets ya reet up.

As far as a hangover cure goes, it's the bean juice that sorts ya reet out.

I make them regularly, especially when away in the caravan. Lovely start to the day. Sets you up for a good active day. A trip to the butchers then the smells of a cooked breakfast, perfect with a nice cup of tea. Possibly the most contented middle aged man post I’ve written.

I make them regularly, especially when away in the caravan. Lovely start to the day. Sets you up for a good active day. A trip to the butchers then the smells of a cooked breakfast, perfect with a nice cup of tea. Possibly the most contented middle aged man post I’ve written.
Love a caravan holiday with Bacon sizzling away and the smoke alarm going off so door wide open. Going to Perranporth Cornwall next month so will have that feeling of content once again, while reading the paper bought from the onsite shop
Because potato bread and white pudding beats a fried slice and black pudding hands down.
Never tried white pudding TBH and potato bread is ok but a good fried slice bread is a thing of beauty alongside tinned tomatoes egg and beans

Last edited:
Love a caravan holiday with Bacon sizzling away and the smoke alarm going off so door wide open. Going to Perranporth Cornwall next month so will have that feeling of content once again, while reading the paper bought from the onsite shop

Never tried white pudding TBH and potato bread is ok but a good fried slice bread is a thing of beauty alongside tinned tomatoes egg and beans

Tinned tomatoes are meant to be cooked for a long time. Opening a can and eating the contents straight out of the tin is a lifting thing to do.

You are obviously not a proper drinker . Only part timers feel sick in the morning. Man up and get some fried bread in ya mush and you gan again
Tinned tomatoes are meant to be cooked for a long time. Opening a can and eating the contents straight out of the tin is a lifting thing to do.
Aye I don't eat straight from the tin man . Simmered away with salt and a shitload of cracked black pepper and then just the Tomatoes ladled out. Not too much juice as that would ruin the fried bead and a hash brown if present

Last edited:

Back