Full English Breakie

dangermows

Striker
Is it basically a meal designed for the morning after a session?

Was a programme on yday about different cuisines from around the world and 'our' breakie featured (and was derided somewhat) and it was suggested it only lives on largely down to our drinking culture.

Does anyone regularly get amongst said dish to start their day?

(It also mentioned London having most diverse choice of cuisine in the world too tbf).

Don’t regularly have them in fact I can’t remember the last one I had, but I love them and could/can eat them anytime regardless of if I’ve had a drink the night before or not. I could eat them anytime if the day as well, cracking meal imo.

Don’t regularly have them in fact I can’t remember the last one I had, but I love them and could/can eat them anytime regardless of if I’ve had a drink the night before or not. I could eat them anytime if the day as well, cracking meal imo.

Any reason why you hardly ever it if you love it?

Any reason why you hardly ever it if you love it?
Good question tbh. Now that I’m generally eating healthier than I ever have before that might play a part, and I suppose also just the hassle of all the clart on with dishes etc after a busy week at work means if we’re going for a cooked breakfast a quick omelette is just easier.

I’ll make them a couple of times a month during winter/autumn. Sometimes as an evening meal.

Only thing is, they’re a day ruiner for me. There’s so much going on that you just can’t move after and want a kip.

Good question tbh. Now that I’m generally eating healthier than I ever have before that might play a part, and I suppose also just the hassle of all the clart on with dishes etc after a busy week at work means if we’re going for a cooked breakfast a quick omelette is just easier.
Better just to go out for a full English, The Salt House do a canny one.

Better just to go out for a full English, The Salt House do a canny one.
Aye theirs is one of me favourites. We went to try Tin of Sardines for breakfast recently and I was going to get one there, but it was full so we went to North and I had the steak and eggs breakfast which was tremendous to be fair. I think the last full English I did have was at the Toby in Washington in October because it was our meet up point before heading away for a mate’s stag. Was f***ing shite to be honest but what do you expect there. :lol:

Not a massive fan of a full English to be honest. A bit of bacon, egg and tomatoes is sufficient for me.

Anything more is soporific.

And beans and hash browns are for perverts anyway.

Have one now and again. Mainly grilled. Only fried thing is an egg, even then I sometimes swap for scrambled.

I do like black pudding sarnies (crusty roll) with hods of chop sauce on.

Back