Fuel protests

More effective protest will be for drivers to queue at filling stations, then purchase only the minimum amount of fuel from the pumps. Sales and profits will be savaged, not to mention fuel duty... and I don’t think you can be arrested for simply buying £1 worth of petrol.
Pumps don’t do £1 mate!:lol: I get the sentiment but that won’t make a difference in the slightest. If everyone stopped buying petrol for a couple of weeks that might make a change but people won’t do that. It’s got to be for a couple of weeks and not just a couple of days.

Only way of affecting change is to affect the people who can do something about it…ie the politicans. Given fuel is made up of approx 40% tax and duty the gov could reduce this very easily.

Pumps don’t do £1 mate!:lol: I get the sentiment but that won’t make a difference in the slightest. If everyone stopped buying petrol for a couple of weeks that might make a change but people won’t do that. It’s got to be for a couple of weeks and not just a couple of days.

Only way of affecting change is to affect the people who can do something about it…ie the politicans. Given fuel is made up of approx 40% tax and duty the gov could reduce this very easily.
They do minimum vend of 2 litres I believe for Jerry cans etc

Protest could be even more effective then, everyone taking time to get jerrycan out of boot, take the minimum vend, go to the kiosk to pay, browse the shelves for a few minutes in there before deciding on a bag of crisps. Then back to car, put jerrycan in boot, and make sure to clean your hands and take the paper towel to the bin before eventually driving off. Next driver, rinse and repeat.

Protest could be even more effective then, everyone taking time to get jerrycan out of boot, take the minimum vend, go to the kiosk to pay, browse the shelves for a few minutes in there before deciding on a bag of crisps. Then back to car, put jerrycan in boot, and make sure to clean your hands and take the paper towel to the bin before eventually driving off. Next driver, rinse and repeat.
Fuckers do that now anyway, apart from the Jerry can bit, worst thing ever invented, supermarket style petrol stations, room 101 for me those like

Back