From a Crystal Palace Forum re: PVA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

our 2nd best outfield player behind Defoe. Difficult to keep him on if he wants to go as the toys will come out the pram at breakneck speed but if he's committed then he's one of the last players i'd be selling.

He played his best football under Allardyce if he can get him back to that level they've have got a decent player at a decent price
Thats fair enough like. However when he did do well, Allardyce had M'Vila absolutely babysitting the left hand side to make sure PVA was protected. Not sure if Palace have a player who can do that as well as M'Vila.

Yeah possibly, but they have all been shite, he has been no worse than the rest.

It can't help having your manager saying such negative stuff, I'd want to be away if I had the chance too.
I'd prefer my left back to do what he's supposed to do though.The odd run or goal masks the fact that the boy is a f***ing idiot when defending.The amount of times he stands off and let's a cross over is criminal.

I'd prefer my left back to do what he's supposed to do though.The odd run or goal masks the fact that the boy is a f***ing idiot when defending.The amount of times he stands off and let's a cross over is criminal.

People keep saying "the odd" run for goal

He creates shit loads

So where do we find this magical left back?

We can't even find a right back and we have 4 of them

People never learn

People keep saying "the odd" run for goal

He creates shit loads

So where do we find this magical left back?

We can't even find a right back and we have 4 of them

People never learn
I'd have no problem playing him elsewhere mate.
But a left back playing in a struggling defence needs to concentrate on defending, not galloping upfield leaving us hopelessly short where it counts.
He could do well in a good team, the other defenders who arnt stretched could mop up.He also puts pressure on the left side forward, cos he's got to track back more than he is f***ing forward!

Thats fair enough like. However when he did do well, Allardyce had M'Vila absolutely babysitting the left hand side to make sure PVA was protected. Not sure if Palace have a player who can do that as well as M'Vila.

People often ignore how well the whole defence was protected last season. Kaboul and Kone didn't suddenly turn into top class centre halves as well. What we had in front of them simply limited how often they were exposed and if they were we done everything possible to correct it. Catts, Kirchhoff, M'vila done an awful lot to deny the opposition time and space, to cover and to mop up. People forgot it was organised but pretty dire till we let the shackles off right at the end of the season as the Everton and Chelsea games clouded the memory.

He'd walk into our current side. He's a better player than Borini.

Wickham would indeed walk into our side. He'd actually be a perfect fit on the left for Pickford to aim at. Instead we've got Januzaj. Funny how these things turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back