Frasier

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm canny excited tbh, but I really hope Niles is in it as it's their relationship (constantly trying to be better than each other) is hilarious - it will have mellowed cetainly but we know it will still be there as they just cant help themselves. We don't need Daphne, but I'd love to see Roz, Bebe and Lileth.

I'm canny excited tbh, but I really hope Niles is in it as it's their relationship (constantly trying to be better than each other) is hilarious - it will have mellowed cetainly but we know it will still be there as they just cant help themselves. We don't need Daphne, but I'd love to see Roz, Bebe and Lileth.

Niles should come out as gay.

It would provide enough comedy and tenderness among the brothers to be a decent programme.

Am I the only one who had a crush on Roz?
Convinced she would be absolute filth in the sack.

No, early Roz was smoking hot.

I'm excited but also a bit concerned I'll be underwhelmed. I love Marty and think he'll be a big miss, but if they can get the rest of the cast back together than it could be a success.

Class.

I’d disagree with those who say the show dipped because Niles and Daphne got together, I didn’t mind it personally. What killed it for me was Daphne’s family playing much bigger roles towards the end. Terribly written and f***ing hell the accents as well.

I struggle to get away with Daphne, I think it's the accent, I don't think I've ever heard any English person sound like she does.

Daphne was alright early on until they paired her with Donny then Niles and she became the humourless nagging wife and her family from "Manchester" with Dickensian cockney accents turned up.

The final series (11) was as great as the first seven. Eight to ten was rough going but still had a couple of great episodes.

Came to Frasier late, but having watched a few episodes here and there, had the DVD box set for christmas and am currently into series 9.. Your bolded comments are spot on.

Another one who'd like to see Roz. Preferably in my house during a lunch or tea break. Good work from the scriptwriers. They could've just had her be a maneater and not much else, but they gave her character a bit of intelligence, anger and emotion.

Class.

I’d disagree with those who say the show dipped because Niles and Daphne got together, I didn’t mind it personally. What killed it for me was Daphne’s family playing much bigger roles towards the end. Terribly written and f***ing hell the accents as well.

I agree but can also see the idea - to a US audience the brits are usually the the well bred and somewhat snobbish straight foil to the american working class everyman so they're trying to play an interesting inversion. just to get the point home they had to have all the english actors really hammer the "lower class" accents - Robbie Coltrane and Richard E Grant are just taking the piss in the finale.

A few month ago there was an interview with Kelsey Grammer where he said the rough plot outline was he'd set up somewhere else in the US with his work so the rest of the cast aren't returning. He wanted to do similar to the move from Cheers to Frasier where it was a clean break with the other characters (Jane Leeves is apparently quite pissed off with him) and he doesn't think the same set up with everyone bar the father would work. Also Peri Gilpin is against the idea and doesn't want to do it anyway.

So unless its changed in the last couple of month, the central cast is going to be quite different.

A few month ago there was an interview with Kelsey Grammer where he said the rough plot outline was he'd set up somewhere else in the US with his work so the rest of the cast aren't returning. He wanted to do similar to the move from Cheers to Frasier where it was a clean break with the other characters (Jane Leeves is apparently quite pissed off with him) and he doesn't think the same set up with everyone bar the father would work. Also Peri Gilpin is against the idea and doesn't want to do it anyway.

So unless its changed in the last couple of month, the central cast is going to be quite different.

To be honest that makes sense, gives fresh material, plus the old cast could do odd episode cameos like his ex wife and Cheers characters do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back