FPP closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully aye. Short was certainly starting to call the shots before he took over. Their superior financial power probably gives them enough clout without actually owning more shares.
Ideal scenario for me is that Parkinson gets the results we need and is supported enough in January to get us over the line. Meanwhile Donald uses the time between now and May to completely overhaul the scouting and Accedemy set up, while Methven continues the good work he has started connecting to local businesses and even expanding on that further afield. Come May we're back in the championship and we can let all of those players who are only league one standard and out of contract go. FPP step up investment and the system Donald has set up has already identified replacement players. Or is that just fantasy island stuff? :lol:

There’s absolutely no point in any investment should there be insufficient to get us out of this league and then the Championship which is going to need significant ‘investment’. Everyone knows from a financial and marketing point of view that the PL is where it’s at. FPP would have zero interest if they didn’t think this was possible / were unwilling to put finance our way to achieve this.
The pedantics between takeover / investment shouldn’t be argued about here, let’s be honest, it’s proven time and time again that people know FA about the workings of this deal. The very fact that billionaires are willing to finance our push back to the PL is a massive positive.

Maybe you should be having a word with the constant negative posters who post drivel after drivel.
I even read certain posters wishing us to lose to get a manager sacked.
Remember what Gus said ?
It's a message board man. Itd be boring if everyone was positive. And this past week itd have been weird if everyone was positive. Dont let it bother you man. We, as lads fans, all want what's well for sunderland.

Ideal scenario for me is that Parkinson gets the results we need and is supported enough in January to get us over the line. Meanwhile Donald uses the time between now and May to completely overhaul the scouting and Accedemy set up, while Methven continues the good work he has started connecting to local businesses and even expanding on that further afield. Come May we're back in the championship and we can let all of those players who are only league one standard and out of contract go. FPP step up investment and the system Donald has set up has already identified replacement players. Or is that just fantasy island stuff? :lol:

Maybe, but it's a lot better than thinking we are doomed

Ask yourself why it's not a full takeover which it was a few weeks ago! They will take over completely if we get to the championship. They are keeping us going until then with a token investment. Without the promotion bonuses. Believe what you want!
Which is a massive positive .

Chas and Stewy deserve all the plaudits for pulling this deal off .Excellent result

Last edited:

Would be the ideal way forward.

I think this might be a similar situation to when Ellis Short took over.

He took a small stake to start with with the proviso he’d make a full takeover if we stayed up. That was around the time of Sbragi. I remember Quinn talked about staying up being a big chance for the club.

Reading between the lines have the MSD guys said to SD show us you can get to the Championship, then we’ll get more involved.
I was just going to post the same

Hopefully we can get this done and everyone will calm down.

Although I suspect there will be a period of "this deal is shit, takeover would have been better" I know that despite none of us even seeing the deal yet.

It's a message board man. Itd be boring if everyone was positive. And this past week itd have been weird if everyone was positive. Dont let it bother you man. We, as lads fans, all want what's well for sunderland.
I wonder sometimes.
It's easy for some sat behind a keyboard posting shit and having no intention of going to games.
Imagine how the real fans feel who have just had an 18 hour away day and then read some of the stuff on here 🙄

Maybe but Nixon, maybe not in the article but certainly in his follow up tweets, made it sound like the Americans had completely walked away

he did. And it’s why I wouldn’t completely trust everything he said. But I certainly believe there’s been a change, so he got a whiff of something and took it on from there.

It's exciting mate, but I'll be just concentrating as much as I can on going to the match and hopefully be enjoying a promotion season.
I suspect there will be more changes to staff and infrastructure, some probably won't be seen or take effect for a while, but we will build on solid foundations not the sand of relying on a very rich man to pay the bills

It doesn't really matter though does it?

The original group are coming on board and the future looks a lot brighter

it might matter in that things are now very much more dependant on promotion than the previous deal. Obviously I’ve no idea what the detail of the new investment is so that’s just speculation.

if they’re on board then it’s excellent news and provides hope. But I’m more cautiously optimistic this time around than genuinely excited like last time :lol:

More of the language used previously and the briefs they provided to media outlets previously, all was takeover initially now investment.

Does it really matter?

What SAFC needs is money to buy a centre forward to get us out of this league. In whatever shape that comes, due to whatever deal has been put in place, it doesn't really matter in the short term. And, it could be the best situation for us in the short term as it means the club doesn't become destabilised as a result of new owners with no experience of English football trying to change everything over night. We just need a bit of money at the moment.

If that money is forthcoming and we get out of this league then I think it's a safe bet that they'll get more involved. Why would they just invest a few million quid and then walk away a season down the line?

We're not getting out of this league with the current options up front, so I'd just be glad that it looks like someone is going to put some money in to sort that out.

it might matter in that things are now very much more dependant on promotion than the previous deal. Obviously I’ve no idea what the detail of the new investment is so that’s just speculation.

if they’re on board then it’s excellent news and provides hope. But I’m more cautiously optimistic this time around than genuinely excited like last time :lol:
Come on mate, 3 billionaires with no ties to the region are about to invest in us, they will be expecting a return on that investment and the only way to get that return is to be successful.

Whats not to get excited about, let's enjoy the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back