FPP closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all just agree now that Alan Nixon talks utter shite?
Nobody really knows but everything did seem to go cold a few weeks ago and perhaps the talks did stall. It seems like there may have been a change in the terms which has led to this breakthrough. So it seems he was wrong that they had completely broken down but things were definitely in doubt.

Ok so can we agree he was briefed on it being a takeover initially then? Hence the dozens of headlines throughout September with the word takeover in the title ?
He still mentions takeover in one of his articles this morning. You are reading too much into it.

Undoubtedly good news. Now it’s time for Stewart Donald to up his game MASSIVELY. His performance as chairman has been very poor from a football perspective and this investment won’t make much difference if we continue to fail on the pitch in league one. The club needs a completely different direction on the football side. Hopefully Donald is finally learning. No evidence whatsoever so far but we live in hope.

I genuinely can’t believe that anyone is naive enough to go along with that mind. It was obviously heavily briefed by the clubs to certain media institutions how it was all going to work. RR, ALS and the Telegraph all released info on how the operation was going to work upon completion (they’re still online for all to see); interestingly the club didn’t rubbish any of that the same way they did when the Sun reported it was off.
Well feel free to carry on genuinely disbelieving that some do not attach such credence to newspapers’ articles to the extent that you do!

So it’s back on and none of the ITK posted it on here. Yet another example of the fact there is no ITK on here. And where’s that knacker that kept saying David O‘Leary was going to be appointed because his lass who works at the club told him, when infact we all know he was duped by the fake agent on twitter :D
Of course there are people who hear things. That's what happens in the real world.

Undoubtedly good news. Now it’s time for Stewart Donald to up his game MASSIVELY. His performance as chairman has been very poor from a football perspective and this investment won’t make much difference if we continue to fail on the pitch in league one. The club needs a completely different direction on the football side. Hopefully Donald is finally learning. No evidence whatsoever so far but we live in hope.

Agree mate. I actually think we need someone in the top brass to direct this club from a footballing perspective

this is genuinely twilight zone stuff. All the noises coming out of the club at the end of August was that the investors would effectively take control with Donald staying on to manage the club’s affairs. RR, ALS and the Telegraph (all with close links to the clubs hierarchy) reported details to that effect. Are you saying that they all simultaneously plucked this out of the air, went to print (including on t shirts) and reported with confidence without the club’s permission? Do you think RR would have risked their favourable position with the club’s owner to report wild speculation as an exclusive?

I have no agenda. That was the mood music. It could be called investment or whatever you want to call it; the details, semi-officially (at least) reported that FFP (who set up a holding company by the way) would be majority shareholders and Donald would be staying on.

This isn’t an agenda. It’s proper head in the sand stuff to say otherwise!
Things have changed mate but we've got to be happy that disgustingly rich people are taking an interest in the club and are seemingly prepared to invest in it. I can't see any downside tbh

I'm I right in thinking it could be similar to how Short eventually took full control? They're basically dipping their toe in the water?

hopefully aye. Short was certainly starting to call the shots before he took over. Their superior financial power probably gives them enough clout without actually owning more shares.

Things have changed mate but we've got to be happy that disgustingly rich people are taking an interest in the club and are seemingly prepared to invest in it. I can't see any downside tbh

People commenting on this point do see it as a positive however, are simply being specific on the deal. Investment not a takeover.

It's still a positive.

Now this is the next issue.
Donald has to up his game. We can't be having people learn on the job anymore.

Well feel free to carry on genuinely disbelieving that some do not attach such credence to newspapers’ articles to the extent that you do!

I judge each case on its merits. The timing of the Telegraph article in August (almost simultaneous with RR/ALS) and our co-owner’s previous employment with said newspaper, as well as their accurate reporting of the Parkinson appointment recently, gives them more credence than others.

We all know that this board is not a true reflection of our support.
Social media attracts some right bellends
The point you said some Sunderland fans will be gutted at positive news because they had a moan and complained at things recently. That's ridiculous. It's like you're trying to point score. Just isnt needed.

I judge each case on its merits. The timing of the Telegraph article in August (almost simultaneous with RR/ALS) and our co-owner’s previous employment with said newspaper, as well as their accurate reporting of the Parkinson appointment recently, gives them more credence than others.

It was The Times wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back