FPP closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying they didn’t get tipped off, but it could been someone inside the club not involved in the negotiations who had overheard something and passed it on. That seems more likely to me than SD telling them, especially as he will have been bound by the NDA

I directly asked the editor of RR on here who had briefed them RE the takeover exclusive. He replied with something along the lines of

;) have a guess (wording may have been different, can’t fully remember)

Now, I’m no Hercule Poirot, but Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven have done a lot of podcasts with RR and they employed one of the podcasts to an official media role at the club. Based on all that, its safe to assume the info was not given by a lass in the ticket office.

maybe @Cack Stottie can clarify!!

I think this might be a similar situation to when Ellis Short took over.

He took a small stake to start with with the proviso he’d make a full takeover if we stayed up. That was around the time of Sbragi. I remember Quinn talked about staying up being a big chance for the club.

Reading between the lines have the MSD guys said to SD show us you can get to the Championship, then we’ll get more involved.

Luke Edwards of the Telegraph. Same person who more or less confirmed Parkinson. Same newspaper one of the club owners used to work for.

RR put out an article discussing the details after the initial story broke. They’d clearly had the nod. FFP majority shareholders with Donald staying on to run the club.
A journalist who has to sensationalise a story to sell papers and web clicks?
Donald clearly says in that article “long term investment” and “preferred partner” no mention of FPP taking overall control of the club.
Stop twisting things to suit your own agenda

Nah. The amount for full takeover given our current status. Maybe they have took the cautious approach and decided investment as we move up the league's (should) is more prudent. SD was always going to be the face of safc and running day to day irrespective though.
I heard it was investment until we reach the championship which it will then become full takeover as they will then be able to flex there muscles more in that league

I wouldn't even bother replying to a single person who are claiming it wasnt initially a takeover. Phil Smith who broke this from a media point of view this view basically spent the entirety of September writing headlines with the word takeover.

A quick good search will confirm.
However, this is still positive! Haway.... The investment.

Im desperate for it to happen. I’m sick of the lack of long term hope, this investment might give us it. We absolutely need it

So it’s back on and none of the ITK posted it on here. Yet another example of the fact there is no ITK on here. And where’s that knacker that kept saying David O‘Leary was going to be appointed because his lass who works at the club told him, when infact we all know he was duped by the fake agent on twitter :D
There's been two bonafides and they are/were @fromallangles, IrishMackem; any others are floaters.

The central point is not to post with such regularity that you get sussed. :)

Come on, investment / takeover does it really matter?

We are about to have 3 billionaires join the board how about we just enjoy that thought and dare to dream what could happen

This is the win win.

Yanks get their hands on a football club. Current owner gets what they crave in earns of control and payday eventually.

It is in effect a staggered takeover.

According to RR and ALS as well as that's what they were told. Things changed, kill them

I sometimes wonder what people think we seek to gain from deliberately misleading people.

Anyways, it might have taken longer than some people would have liked but it finally appears that things are taking shape. The Echo must have been briefed ahead of an official announcement.

I sometimes wonder what people think we seek to gain from deliberately misleading people.

Anyways, it might have taken longer than some people would have liked but it finally appears that things are taking shape. The Echo must have been briefed ahead of an official announcement.

Not saying you're wrong, but why 'must' they have been?

Because some get frustrated at the way they see the club going and are critical does not mean they will be gutted at positive news happening. To suggest so is absolutely ridiculous tbh.
We all know that this board is not a true reflection of our support.
Social media attracts some right bellends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back