FPP closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's be fair, full investment isn't really important till we are out of this league. So if it was structured that they become more involved if we go up - it's sensible.

Its mainly infrastructure that needs looking at in the immediate future, but then ours is already vastly superior for the division we're in. We don't need billions, yet.

Whaaaaat??? After all the name calling and bans it was still on! Who would’ve thought somebody saying they couldn’t talk about it legally gave that impression
I must be living under a rock or totally oblivious to stuff that’s gone on. Then again I don’t do twitter so I don’t get wound up easily.

I sometimes wonder what people think we seek to gain from deliberately misleading people.

Anyways, it might have taken longer than some people would have liked but it finally appears that things are taking shape. The Echo must have been briefed ahead of an official announcement.
Hopefully lessons have been learned* this time mate and it's actually 'done'

*not by you BTW, by those sharing the story to you and other outlets

A journalist who has to sensationalise a story to sell papers and web clicks?
Donald clearly says in that article “long term investment” and “preferred partner” no mention of FPP taking overall control of the club.
Stop twisting things to suit your own agenda

this is genuinely twilight zone stuff. All the noises coming out of the club at the end of August was that the investors would effectively take control with Donald staying on to manage the club’s affairs. RR, ALS and the Telegraph (all with close links to the clubs hierarchy) reported details to that effect. Are you saying that they all simultaneously plucked this out of the air, went to print (including on t shirts) and reported with confidence without the club’s permission? Do you think RR would have risked their favourable position with the club’s owner to report wild speculation as an exclusive?

I have no agenda. That was the mood music. It could be called investment or whatever you want to call it; the details, semi-officially (at least) reported that FFP (who set up a holding company by the way) would be majority shareholders and Donald would be staying on.

This isn’t an agenda. It’s proper head in the sand stuff to say otherwise!

I'm I right in thinking it could be similar to how Short eventually took full control? They're basically dipping their toe in the water?

Looks like it. As the club becomes more valuable SD and CM will either cash in or be priced out of investing more of their own cash.

I sometimes wonder what people think we seek to gain from deliberately misleading people.

Anyways, it might have taken longer than some people would have liked but it finally appears that things are taking shape. The Echo must have been briefed ahead of an official announcement.

you definitely didn’t mislead people with the initial reporting of the investment / takeover / how things were planned to pan out. I’ve absolutely no doubt about that.

I think RR, ALS and the DT reported what they’d been advised. Im sure it must be frustrating to be accused of misleading when you were acting in good faith based on information given.

The negativity by some members on here at this news is staggering, you’d think some of them don’t want any investment in our club, that, or the board is being infiltrated by mags yet again.
I’ve gave in trying to read what mindset some posters have.
Miserable as sin, negative posts day in day out.
I dont think this sport, or particularly club, are good for them, they should feck off n find another interest.

Because Phil is a good journalist and isn’t one of the Echo’s clickbait machines. He does things properly and wouldn’t report bullshit.

Ok so can we agree he was briefed on it being a takeover initially then? Hence the dozens of headlines throughout September with the word takeover in the title ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back