Fox Hunting

It’s a myth that people who are involved in the hunt are toffs.
some are very wealthy but most are not because they own a horse and that horse will bleed the working person dry
Never buy anything the feeds, floats, flies or f***s , rent them
I noticed that you didn't pick up on his 'bloodsport' comment. How very convenient.

I’ve never understood people who take pleasure out of hurting or killing animals.

I accept that there are times when animals need to be culled and controlled. Many humans eat meat and I accept animals are farmed, hopefully in good conditions even if they do end up as food.

But to actually get pleasure out of blasting a pheasant out of the air with a shotgun or chasing a terrified fox around the fields before allowing a pack of dogs to tear it up in front of you - I wouldn’t want anything to do with such aresholes.
Spot on.yet some on here are turning it into a farming issue.

The Director of the Master of Foxhounds Association has been found guilty of advising hunts how to get around trail hunting and hunt real foxes.

What are your thoughts on this?

I’m the wrong class for fox hunting and I live in a town so I have no knowledge or experience of this practice.
He or she should get chased by a pack of dogs and ripped apart just to keep it fair...

It’s funny how people think eating it justifys killing it. You don’t have to eat meat and by doing so you are part of the problem.
Killing for necessity and killing for sport that’s the problem. If they are killed humanly then fair enough but plenty of people toy with the animals

Killing for necessity and killing for sport that’s the problem. If they are killed humanly then fair enough but plenty of people toy with the animals
Miss treating, force feeding, neglect is far more common within the food/meat industry. You find that people who shoot for sport have already gave the bird/ animal a sporting chance. For example pheasants live a great life until the moment they are shot whilst a chicken is force fed. Forced to grow in squalid conditions the slaughtered upside down hanging from their feet.

Miss treating, force feeding, neglect is far more common within the food/meat industry. You find that people who shoot for sport have already gave the bird/ animal a sporting chance. For example pheasants live a great life until the moment they are shot whilst a chicken is force fed. Forced to grow in squalid conditions the slaughtered upside down hanging from their feet.
Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not a fan of that and I understand hunting happens, point I’m getting at is people who enjoy torturing animals during this and there is plenty evidence to see, I asked a bloke a direct question and couldn’t get a direct answer which I’d respect someone 100% more if they just said yeah I do it for fun instead of making a 1000 excuses and swerves.

I noticed that you didn't pick up on his 'bloodsport' comment. How very convenient.
I’ve said I manage which is pretty much saying it’s not sport
I pick up everything i shoot and Everything thing other than foxes is used.
What’s your longest kill?
With a .22 about 80m with a High velocity round.
ive not shot a fox with my .243 yet as I’m normally out for deer with that and shooting a fox would scare the deer but it would be good and accurate at over 1/2 mile if I was any good

Last edited:
Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not a fan of that and I understand hunting happens, point I’m getting at is people who enjoy torturing animals during this and there is plenty evidence to see, I asked a bloke a direct question and couldn’t get a direct answer which I’d respect someone 100% more if they just said yeah I do it for fun instead of making a 1000 excuses and swerves.
I think anyone who slaughters an animal in any way enjoys the kills or they wouldn’t do it. Start a rat or mouse thread and see the responses you get. No one ever says ‘I’d happily punch a man to death if they killed a rat’
It’s because most people on here associate a rat as a pest or vermin, In pretty much the same way as country folk see fox, badgers, crows and pigeons. I do understand that fox hunting on horses is different but find it hard to differentiate as the outcome is the same. And tbh you will be lucky to find a hunt that actually catches the fox. Shooting them is far more effective. Two blokes can do a dozens in a few sessions. Also mostly sanctioned by farmers within the meat industry to protect the goods you will eventually consume.

I’ve said I manage which is pretty much saying it’s not sport
I pick up everything i shoot and Everything thing other than foxes is used.

ive not shot a fox with my .243 yet as I’m normally out for deer with that and shooting a fox would scare the deer but it would be good and accurate at over 1/2 mile if I was any good
The fox up here are more skittish. Most shots are minimum 100m. Sometimes squeak them in but normally a long shot. No deer to scare.

I think anyone who slaughters an animal in any way enjoys the kills or they wouldn’t do it. Start a rat or mouse thread and see the responses you get. No one ever says ‘I’d happily punch a man to death if they killed a rat’
It’s because most people on here associate a rat as a pest or vermin, In pretty much the same way as country folk see fox, badgers, crows and pigeons. I do understand that fox hunting on horses is different but find it hard to differentiate as the outcome is the same. And tbh you will be lucky to find a hunt that actually catches the fox. Shooting them is far more effective. Two blokes can do a dozens in a few sessions. Also mostly sanctioned by farmers within the meat industry to protect the goods you will eventually consume.
Going on land to help our farmers I have no issues with, it’s the jolly boys outing I hate and yea that lot are usually up their own arse I’ve seen it first hand in the forces people in positions for who they know and not what they know. Fact is the bloke who’s been found guilty is one of them, I have said hunting as a sport should be banned but not sanctioned hunts to help farmers on their lands. Every animal can be seen as a pest to someone.

my main issue is the hunts with the dogs but like stated i understand why other hunts happen.these are total
Cowards and up their own arses

If this is your method of ending their lives, then I don't have a problem with it tbh. As long as the animal doesn't suffer.

Back