Four day working week - a success

problem is, there are 4 day week offices, running 24/7 businesses.

The detachment is staggering. Couple that with a trend to hire people from outside of an industry and you have shite effectively

My lass is on a 4 day week atm, instead of less work she is doing more, gone from 5 days at 40 hours to 4 days and 48 hours, she loves it as 3 day weekends means she has more rest and as a bonus is getting herself 8 hours OT, but the extra day off is a game changer for her.

I know its not the same as the Op but she is going to hate going back to the 5 day week even if it is less hours at work.

Get em telt Gilly lad. :lol:
I’m like a broken record on here tbh mate.
My lass is on a 4 day week atm, instead of less work she is doing more, gone from 5 days at 40 hours to 4 days and 48 hours, she loves it as 3 day weekends means she has more rest and as a bonus is getting herself 8 hours OT, but the extra day off is a game changer for her.

I know its not the same as the Op but she is going to hate going back to the 5 day week even if it is less hours at work.
As you know I don’t agree that women should be working full time , as they have got the bairns ,shopping and the house to sort out and what not.

Last edited:
I’m like a broken record on here tbh mate.

As you know I don’t agree that women should be working full time , as they have got the bairns ,shopping and the house to sort out and what not.
Good luck telling my less that hehe, she hated looking after the kids, cooking, shopping and all that kind of thing, felt being at home was like being in a prison, mind the kids weren't keen on her cooking either like!

She did her work experience in a garage as a grease monkey, moved onto industrial paint spraying, she loves to get her hands dirty, but most places aren't keen on having a less working like that, so did a stint in shops, Uni and after that ended up running the line in a factory.

I asked her didn't she fancy an office job and said she would hate the sitting around all.

Horses for courses mate I guess.

problem is, there are 4 day week offices, running 24/7 businesses.

The detachment is staggering. Couple that with a trend to hire people from outside of an industry and you have shite effectively
Staffing should suit the business not vice versa and lots of sectors offer services in the traditional work day 5-6 days a week
To give everyone 4 days out of that involves more staff and weird overlapping shift patterns
Then more people to
" been up all night with my stomach:
" having another migraine "
" bairns poorly "
" I need to take the dog to the vet "

I would be in favour of it personally but naturally with my work load i'd just need to work extra on the 4 days. A policy of still working a 5th day if needed due to targets or deadlines would probably be the best way to approach for a lot of companies as long as it's a fair approach.

Surely we have 5 day week offices now running 24/7 businesses - how did it ever work?
In my sector, we have 6 ships running 24/7. A 5 day week isn't ideal, so we were given autonomy in a lot of our work.

That Autonomy has now gone, and the office demand we go through them for everything, then do a 4 day week, 9-5.

Just this week I was instructed that all bookings of passengers has to go through a trade optimizer, and they decide on availability. However when we had an issue onboard regarding availability, the Captain and I tried and failed to contact said optimizer, as she left the office at 16:45...

I know a few employers that have adopted 4 day working weeks and it’s been a huge success.

The ones I’ve seen allocate a day to staff which they are off, and they are then required to work 9hr days on the remaining four.

Even those that weren’t lucky enough to get a Monday or Friday, seem to love the change.

It’s like the fall of the Roman Empire .

People don’t want to work ,

The entitlement is staggering .

Blokes are turning soft.
Could you not a least do bullet points so anyone more familiar with powerpoints than power tools can keep up?

I couldn't find one of you wearing a watch (stupid modern invention anyway, though it's great for helping regulate hours to the grindstone) but your avatar needs updating ;)

Logon or register to see this image

Back