Forum Poll - Do you want Ross gone?

Ross, in or out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 game in doom mongering, negativity spouting look-at-me-ers

I think you're misunderstanding mate, no one is reacting to the Oxford game/result alone, it is a response to the dismal placing last season, inability to kill teams off, poor unentertaining football and our two defeats at Wembley. I really thought that would have been clear.

I think you're misunderstanding mate, no one is reacting to the Oxford game/result alone, it is a response to the dismal placing last season, inability to kill teams off, poor unentertaining football and our two defeats at Wembley. I really thought that would have been clear.
how could it not be clear with you and your ilk throwing it out there at every opportunity. Look up the definition of 'support'

I was shocked by his team on Saturday. It was quite simply awful, negative and using a system that simply didn't suit our players. I want our players to attack, especially at home. Not try to be clever, just get on the front foot and take it to the opposition.

In the absence of McGeady we badly needed game changers. O'Nien has had a positive impact since January, he simply makes things happen. Not selected and instead he plays Gooch and Embleton, terrible choices IMO. Ozturk dropped for Flanagan, woeful choice.

Asking a kid to play left wing back who unsurprisingly struggled badly. I could go on.

Sorry but that selection and performance was the final straw for me. It looked like he's learnt nothing from last season.

Ross out.
Definitely agree on the Ozturk and O'Nien inclusion. Gooch is not one of my favourite players at the minute and agree about Hume, he has been criticized but had no cover at all.

how could it not be clear with you and your ilk throwing it out there at every opportunity. Look up the definition of 'support'

There’s always more than one point of view though.
On the subject of definitions how about throwing this one in the mix ..

Blind faith" would be faithwith no reason, and conceivably faith in spite of evidence to the contrary

I was shocked by his team on Saturday. It was quite simply awful, negative and using a system that simply didn't suit our players. I want our players to attack, especially at home. Not try to be clever, just get on the front foot and take it to the opposition.

In the absence of McGeady we badly needed game changers. O'Nien has had a positive impact since January, he simply makes things happen. Not selected and instead he plays Gooch and Embleton, terrible choices IMO. Ozturk dropped for Flanagan, woeful choice.

Asking a kid to play left wing back who unsurprisingly struggled badly. I could go on.

Sorry but that selection and performance was the final straw for me. It looked like he's learnt nothing from last season.

Ross out.

You have got to give him a few games to get it right. But time is not on his side

You referred to fans wanting Ross out after one game, that simply isn't true. You're making things up.

Ultimately I want what's best for my club, happily accepting shite is not it. That's what helped get us in this mess in the first place.

Last edited:
There’s always more than one point of view though.
On the subject of definitions how about throwing this one in the mix ..

Blind faith" would be faithwith no reason, and conceivably faith in spite of evidence to the contrary
I agree totally, there's more than one point of view. I put mine forward, the OP 'corrected' it and it's that I took exception to.

I have hope, not blind faith and it's in hope that I support.
You referred to fans wanting Ross out after one game, that simply isn't true. You're making things up.

Ultimately I want what's best for my club, happily accepting shite is not it. That's what helped get us in this mess in the first place.
I want exactly the same as you, I totally agree. I neither accept shite happily nor think Jack Ross got us into the mess we were in.

Last edited:
I agree totally, there's more than one point of view. I put mine forward, the OP 'corrected' it and it's that I took exception to.

We all need hope mate. We’d never bother otherwise. I hope we smash Ipswich tomorrow and that sets us up for a cracking season with Ross at the helm.

Mind you I hope I win the lotto too !

I want exactly the same as you, I totally agree. I neither accept shite happily nor think Jack Ross got us into the mess we were in.

Hope, simply put it's a negative word used for expecting positive outcomes.

The thing with Ross is, many are struggling to establish what he's brining to the table. The signings have been poor, the results aren't there and the football is awful to watch. We've seen no improvement, so I we have two options, persist with Ross expecting improvement or find a replacement. If it's the former, how long do you think we should give him before it's too late to save our season? If of course, things fail to improve.

Last edited:
Hope, simply put it's a negative word used for expecting positive outcomes.

The thing with Ross is, many are struggling to establish what he's brining to the table. The signings have been poor, the results aren't there and the football is awful to watch. We've seen no improvement, so I we have two options, persist with Ross expecting improvement or find a replacement. If it's the former, how long do you think we should give him before it's too late to save our season? If of course, things fail to improve.
If hope is a negative word in your vocabulary, it says more about you than anything else.

We saw more improvement last season than for years. From a shit hole with no sight of daylight we got within a grasp of climbing up a level, I for what it's worth see value in that.

I see more value in being positive and HOPING for the best than being negative and still miserable if proved right.

If hope is a negative word in your vocabulary, it says more about you than anything else.

We saw more improvement last season than for years. From a shit hole with no sight of daylight we got within a grasp of climbing up a level, I for what it's worth see value in that.

I see more value in being positive and HOPING for the best than being negative and still miserable if proved right.

:lol: We are playing in league one man! Up against teams that attract circa 5k fans.

Who's being negative? Who is miserable? You're wrongly presuming things. If we are going down that route, I think you're negative as you appear to be happily accepting mediocrity. That's my definition of being miserable.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how wanting Ross out equates to you wanting Sunderland to lose so you can say, “told you so”. What an ignorant comment that is. There is nothing more I would like than for us to go on a winning streak, playing decent football and having a go at teams. I’d rather that than waste 10 games of utter shit “to prove my point”. It is over to Ross to deliver and first game at home would have been ideal for us flying out of the traps, we didn’t and it was a laboured performance, much of what we have witnessed last season. To have got ourselves in such a good position only to throw it away plus the abysmal play off performance where Charlton were willing us to win, until they realised that actually we were that poor, we couldn’t, was a massive disappointment. It could so easily have been overturned during pre season, but it appears not. For those claiming it is only one game and we have a number of players making debuts etc. I will point you to those that slated the number of games in pre season, with only really 3 games of any repute and not one English League club, how f***ing stupid is that? What is it they say about failing to prepare?

It’s amazing how wanting Ross out equates to you wanting Sunderland to lose so you can say, “told you so”. What an ignorant comment that is. There is nothing more I would like than for us to go on a winning streak, playing decent football and having a go at teams. I’d rather that than waste 10 games of utter shit “to prove my point”. It is over to Ross to deliver and first game at home would have been ideal for us flying out of the traps, we didn’t and it was a laboured performance, much of what we have witnessed last season. To have got ourselves in such a good position only to throw it away plus the abysmal play off performance where Charlton were willing us to win, until they realised that actually we were that poor, we couldn’t, was a massive disappointment. It could so easily have been overturned during pre season, but it appears not. For those claiming it is only one game and we have a number of players making debuts etc. I will point you to those that slated the number of games in pre season, with only really 3 games of any repute and not one English League club, how f***ing stupid is that? What is it they say about failing to prepare?
Absolutely spot on. I'd love nowt more than for us to go on a 10 game winning streak starting today, I'd be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Yip

Tricky one to answer, "give him more time" sounds like I'm happy with him out of the options given. In reality I'm not happy with him, I think he's been shit, I'll be amazed if he can turn it around and see the season out but I don't think it would be sensible to sack him after one game. Better just go for "undecided" I suppose but really what I mean is give it a few more games and if we don't get a good few wins and look a decent bet for automatic promotion I'd get rid
I'd still like us to demonstrate a forceful style of play even if we lose. Admittedly only a few minutes but his statement on yesterday's Look North were so bland. (Against Oxford) we did some good things and some bad things and if we can improve the good things we have a chance against Ipswich. Maybe he gets passionate and angry with the players in private.

I hope a good result today gets us moving again, put the Oxford game down to first game nerves.
However, if things don't improve drastically and soon, we need to replace him. Waiting til Christmas would be mad, we could be out of touch by then. I'd give him 3 more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back