Forum Poll - Do you want Ross gone?

Ross, in or out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I would say again consider how many managers we have sacked in recent years. We must give him time to rebuild this season and hope the young players develop into a promotion side of quality next season.
Also what would the alternative be. A journeyman manager or another untried young manager??

I would say again consider how many managers we have sacked in recent years. We must give him time to rebuild this season and hope the young players develop into a promotion side of quality next season.
Also what would the alternative be. A journeyman manager or another untried young manager??
This is pathetic and hopelessly defeatist. ‘Hope the young players develop into a promotion side of quality next season.’ Hope.

You’re happy to sit through not only this season, but another after it at the same level hoping that we will come good. This is despite the owners categorically stating they expect to win the league, and that it was only a few seasons back we were a Premier League club.

People like you are the kind of people who happily accept any shit that is served up to them. No-one is ever better off or happier as a result of such pathetic and servile acquiescence, except perhaps yourself, as you’re the kind of person who is happy to be a complete loser in life.

I'm a more timer too, but that time is certainly ticking away.
He needs to use the Billybob cup game to sort a few things then next Saturday is the last chance game. Given that's Portsmouth, i don't expect a win, but i need to see progress.

This is pathetic and hopelessly defeatist. ‘Hope the young players develop into a promotion side of quality next season.’ Hope.

You’re happy to sit through not only this season, but another after it at the same level hoping that we will come good. This is despite the owners categorically stating they expect to win the league, and that it was only a few seasons back we were a Premier League club.

People like you are the kind of people who happily accept any shit that is served up to them. No-one is ever better off or happier as a result of such pathetic and servile acquiescence, except perhaps yourself, as you’re the kind of person who is happy to be a complete loser in life.

Really silly post

I am not a defeatist pathetic or happy to accept poor quality of football.
I am 66 and followed Sunderland all my life. So am I a loser no of course not. I could support Manchester United or City would that make me a winner.
The owners want us to win promotion with 100 points but being realistic is that going to happen based on the performances of the team last season.
The owners rightly in my opinon are not going to invest lots of money in new players given the financial position
So what does the club do
In my opinion we keep faith with the current manager and build for next season by developing the younger players.
It is only an opinion genuinely offered and I resent being insulted for expressing it.
As always I will follow Sunderland 100 percent whatever happens

I am 66 and followed Sunderland all my life. So am I a loser no of course not. I could support Manchester United or City would that make me a winner.
The owners want us to win promotion with 100 points but being realistic is that going to happen based on the performances of the team last season.
The owners rightly in my opinon are not going to invest lots of money in new players given the financial position
So what does the club do
In my opinion we keep faith with the current manager and build for next season by developing the younger players.
It is only an opinion genuinely offered and I resent being insulted for expressing it.

It would have happened last season with a better manager. Does it ever cross your mind that the problem is the manager himself and not the players, who are more than capable of winning this league. Do you really believe that Luton, Barnsley or Charlton had a better set of players available to them than we did? We should have won with 100 points last season - I’ll cut some slack for the first few months due to circumstances but the problem wasn’t the first few months as we got progressively worse and worse. I could have accepted us starting poor and improving as the situation improved and people settled and we just left ourselves too much to do - this didn’t happen though and the story was the reverse - the more time their dourbag of a manager spends with the players the worse they play. Name a player that has become better the longer he’s worked with Ross - impossible isn’t it...

You'll be getting shit from the young, know all upstarts on this forum. Im on your side and say patience is a virtue although acknowledge that JR really has to start pulling his finger out.

So what does the club do

I’m not too far behind you in age mate but couldn’t disagree more with your position on Ross.
Div 1 is a footballing wasteland. Spending one season here thanks to the failings of others afforded Ross an opportunity to get us out of this league and help start build his name in English football.
He failed. By the time the business end of the season came around Ross was still floundering around trying to work out his best side.
We finished 5th in Division 3 and somehow was rewarded for that with another chance.
From the evidence we’ve seen in pre-season and the first two league games he’s learned absolutely nothing- in fact we look even worse!
No ifs or buts he’s got to go.

‘Give him more time’

Can only be delusional or stubborn people voting for this.

There were 3 better managers in the league than him last season for starters. 4 if you include the bloke that left Luton.

Last edited:

Back