Forthcoming gigs.

Tickets getting bought for All Points East festival on Friday. Today they’ve announced on the same bill

Kraftwerk
Iggy pop
Jo marr
The orb
Chromatics
John maus
grandmaster flash
Anna Calvi
Kim Gordon
Jehnny Beth.

that’s some line up with much more TBC. I’ve been last couple of years and it’s a great set up.
bargain at £65 per day.

Eric Gales at The Sage in May, flying to Sunderland North from Portugal just for this gig.

If not already mentioned he plays a left handed Strat upside down (if that makes sense) and is arguably one of the best to blues rock guitarists in the world.

Keane in Porto in January.

Oh and errrr hopefully Dua Lipa in Madrid if I can get tickets 😋

Just home from the Primal Scream gig, they were bloody brilliant and if you get a chance to see them do so. It was their greatest hits and they were as tight as a snare drum.

I was surrounded by young blokes who no word of a lie constantly moved from WhatsApp to LinkedIn every 30 seconds to see if they had received a message of any kind. Then to mix it up looked at the footy results then back again.

If you are one of those types bloody well pack it in as it's tragic. If your life needs that sort of validation f***ing well stay at home.

You've paid for a ticket, watch the f***ing band, pay attention and pay the band the f***ing respect they deserve!!!

Apologies for the language but I'm a bit cross.

Rant over!

Just home from the Primal Scream gig, they were bloody brilliant and if you get a chance to see them do so. It was their greatest hits and they were as tight as a snare drum.

I was surrounded by young blokes who no word of a lie constantly moved from WhatsApp to LinkedIn every 30 seconds to see if they had received a message of any kind. Then to mix it up looked at the footy results then back again.

If you are one of those types bloody well pack it in as it's tragic. If your life needs that sort of validation f***ing well stay at home.

You've paid for a ticket, watch the f***ing band, pay attention and pay the band the f***ing respect they deserve!!!

Apologies for the language but I'm a bit cross.

Rant over!
linkedin?!? :eek:

Martin Stephenson the nite in the voodoo rooms, above cafe royal eburgh .Few shandies in Bennettts Tollcross first .

Martin Stephenson great tonight in eburgh

Last edited by a moderator:
The National were absolutely tremendous. Very pleasant surprise as I wasn't too fussed when I saw them on the box when they played Glastonbury.

Final 2 scheduled shows of the year this weekend.

Mongol Horde (Frank Turner's hardcore band) tonight, Laura Stevenson on Sunday.

Will have managed 31 this year (should have been 33 but 2 were canceled), so I'm pretty pleased with that haul - not bad for an old knacker!

Whilst not music, saw Grayson Perry at the stage on Sunday gone.
really funny, topical and heartwarming. Only on for an hour which for £30 was a bit on the short side

Back